seller fraud

bumbedOut
New Community Member

I bought a brand new PSP from Jay Chow that cost me $132.50.  After weeks of waiting, he sent me a $3 plugin.  When I dispute it, he told me to send it back to an address somewhere in China.  I did.  I even got a stamped receipt from the post office for what I sent back.   Then there's no more communication.  I did not get my PSP.  I did not get my refund.  I spent even more money sending the piece of junk back, in addition to wasting gas drive to/fro post office.

I went through the Paypal's claim process, but Paypal ruled in favor of the seller simply because I got a stamped receipt instead of an online tracking number! Not only that Paypal asked me, the buyer, to send that very item to Jay Chow's real address, here in the United States--not the one in China! LOL

So, beware!  Many sellers are making a living out of this fraud.  They're taking advantage of this huge flaw with PayPal.  Paypal will ask for nothing else, besides an online tracking number.  Paypal will stand by the side of the fraudulant seller. 

Maybe I can take the seller to a small claims court?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

zoorheb
New Community Member

Hi there

I do have similar case with Papal I do not think if you have send your item any other way you would have received much from papal it is not clear if papal have released the full amount to the seller? They(papal) are not tell me any thing if they have send any thing?

Go head and open case against Papal with small claim, I am sure you can find others that they have same problems with PayPal

If you are asking me Papal is taking the money to the bank and letting Us believe otherwise

Zoorheb(BRUCE)

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Your first mistake was buying junk from China.

Your second was in not reading the Paypal User Agreement - it's quite plain that you always have to ship with tracking to get a refund.

That having been said, I agree that this is a growing fraud - I've seen more and more of it on this forum and elsewhere.

You could sue the seller in small claims - doubtful if you could win because, one again, you can't prove that the seller received the goods back.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.