"To confirm address , pleas enter Credit Card below" Huh??

TimP
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I'm trying to buy a lamp from a website called cknifeusa.com .

I'm fully registered with PayPal and have sufficient fund in my PayPal account to complete the transaction with cknifeusa.com.  I selected, 'Checkout with PayPal' but I then get a strange message after it takes me to the PayPal site (and yes, it looks like I'm truly redirected to PayPal as it says... https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_flow&SES .... etc...

"The seller of this item requires you to provide a Confirmed Address for delivery. To confirm your address, please add a credit card below."

AND

"This transaction amount is greater than your available PayPal balance. To complete purchase, please add a credit or debit card."

Number 1, there ARE enough available funds for the transaction.  Number 2, why does paypal need to confirm my address when I gave it to them when I registered.  Number 3, Why do they need me to enter my CC number when they already have my debit card info in the system. 

Any thoughts anyone? is this legit?

Tim

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

skier
Advisor
Advisor

This is wrong !!!!!   As PayPal is NOT designed to work this way nor are there any features or options to setup a PayPal Account to function in this manor.

Suggest you bail.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

TimP
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks guys,

Looks like I will NOT follow thru with my order.  Appreciate the feedback and 'No', I didn't know that it was a UK site.  Very interesting.

Tim

Login to Me Too

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Blocking paymetns from unconfirmed address is still a Paypal option.

Block Payments for the items not sold on eBay from U.S. users who do not provide a confirmed address:
 Yes
 No
 Ask Me

Log into your Paypal account and see if your credit /debit card you have on file has expired or is near its expiration date.  If so update the cards expiration date. 

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Well, this is a UK site - were you aware of that?

If they give shipping by USPS, then I'd say the site is a scam site meant to get your credit card numbers.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.