"The sender of this payments is unregistered"

Mareli
New Community Member

Does anyone knows what "The sender of this payments is unregistered" (in PayPal) means?  Is it a PayPal payment from an unregistered user safe? Thanks, Mareli

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Amanda411

Hi Mareli,

This means that the sender was not required to sign up for a PayPal account in order to send a payment. The same protection policies apply to this transaction.

Amanda

Login to Me Too

jvc107
Contributor
Contributor

I assume that means they just paid with a credit card.  I have concerns with a buyer because he just signed up for ebay today and bought a $325 item from me, while being unregistered.  Because he paid with a credit card, he could simply say he never got the item and the credit card company would do a charge back.

Does paypal have any historical data on how often this happens.  It seems like a loophole in the protection of ebay sellers.

Login to Me Too

skier
Advisor
Advisor

Does paypal have any historical data on how often this happens.

Most likely but, it would never be a public statistic.   Think of PayPal basically a massive database and as we all know, corporations don't share their secrets.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.