Reply to topic
Mareli New Community Member
New Community Member
Kudos: 0
Accepted Solutions: 0

"The sender of this payments is unregistered"

Does anyone knows what "The sender of this payments is unregistered" (in PayPal) means?  Is it a PayPal payment from an unregistered user safe? Thanks, Mareli

0 Kudos
Moderator Amanda411 Moderator
Kudos: 107
Accepted Solutions: 18

Re:

Hi Mareli,

This means that the sender was not required to sign up for a PayPal account in order to send a payment. The same protection policies apply to this transaction.

Amanda

0 Kudos
jvc107 New Community Member
New Community Member
Kudos: 0
Accepted Solutions: 0

Re: Re:

I assume that means they just paid with a credit card.  I have concerns with a buyer because he just signed up for ebay today and bought a $325 item from me, while being unregistered.  Because he paid with a credit card, he could simply say he never got the item and the credit card company would do a charge back.

Does paypal have any historical data on how often this happens.  It seems like a loophole in the protection of ebay sellers.

0 Kudos
skier Volunteer Advisor
Volunteer Advisor
Kudos: 558
Accepted Solutions: 221

Re: Re:

Does paypal have any historical data on how often this happens.

Most likely but, it would never be a public statistic.   Think of PayPal basically a massive database and as we all know, corporations don't share their secrets.

Regards,

skier

0 Kudos
Announcements
If you are using Internet Explorer 8 take note. We’ll upgrade our communities in July and if you are using IE8 you won’t have a fully functional experience. Please upgrade your browser to Internet Explorer 9, 10 or 11. There will be no changes to your community experience if you are using IE 9, 10, 11, Chrome, Firefox or Safari.
Welcome, guest
Top Kudoed Authors