"Payment still pending"

Suichee
Contributor
Contributor

I bought a book about a month before with my paypal balance, used my mother's credit card so I could use my balance (with her consent). It's been a tad bit over a month now and it still won't remove the card, what can I do to get it removed or my paypal deleted? Everytime I try to it says "outstanding balance" or some sort, which is impossible because I still have a positive balance, and I've barely used my paypal balance.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

Suichee
Contributor
Contributor

Quick edit. The message has changed to "You may not remove your funding source while an authorization is still pending."

Login to Me Too

gtsully
New Community Member

I've been getting this error as well - I've been trying to remove a card that has long been cancelled for the last few months.  It's very frustrating.

Login to Me Too

Crista
New Community Member

Having the same problem. We got rid of the Master Card some time ago and got a new Visa card. I have tried to update the payment method with the new card and delete the old card information. It wont allow the old card to be deleted and says its do inpart to "pending authorization" How can we delete this card.

Login to Me Too

ElGordoMono
New Community Member

Trying to resolve this on a card as well.   Here is what I've discovered:

1. Clear all recurring payments from the card

2. Clear all pre approved (renewal) payments on the card

The card will not be removed as long they exist.  I found some web renewal items with goDaddy and the card was linked with eBay.

Sadly, my problem remains, but maybe this will help others.

Login to Me Too

resqtech
Contributor
Contributor

I myself am still get this error as well:

You may not remove your funding source while an authorization is still pending.

Login to Me Too

jenny4
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem here and I can't find any other services such as GoDaddy where this card is used. Is there anybody at PayPal to contact and try to resolve this issue? Very frustrating. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.