please add small flat rate and large flat rate boxes to you package size options in Paypal

thingmaker
Contributor
Contributor

please add small flat rate and large flat rate boxes to you package size options in Paypal

thanks

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

skier
Advisor
Advisor

See this previous forum post.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

lmegaw
Contributor
Contributor

We have asked for this for a long time.  What does it take to get the problem addressed.  We have to work around too many things now.

Login to Me Too

disp718
Contributor
Contributor

I totally agree. Many internet sellers use small flat rate boxes

Login to Me Too

thingmaker
Contributor
Contributor

thank you for your support.  please write to paypal and ebay and ask for the aditions.  I figure the more people write in, the better.  I have written to them, and they acted like it was a good idea.  I'm surprised they don't have some ''brain'' already figuring out the obvious.  they make such a big deal on ebay about having low shipping rates, and judge the sellers by their shipping rates, when they are not giving us the tools that the post office is providing, meaning the option to use the flat rate boxes.

thanks again!

Login to Me Too

lmegaw
Contributor
Contributor

We need this fixed as soon as possible.

Login to Me Too

thingmaker
Contributor
Contributor

HORRAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  It finally happened!  I just saw where they added the small flat rate box and the large flat rate box to the shipping options on PayPal.  thanks for everybody's support!

here is a copy of my original email and their response.  I first emailed them on 1-8-10 and their response was on 1-25-10.  I think what might have done it, was me writing to ebay, and they passed on the idea to Paypal. 

Thank you for contacting PayPal.

Hello my name is Earl, thank you for that information, I'll make sure to put it on a note and submit it to my supervisor for review. The shipping options that PayPal has on to the USPS option are provided by the USPS system, other rates or box type is yet to be link to our system. But rest assure that we will make necessary adjustments to help our customer better.

We appreciate your patience and understanding regarding this matter, and wish you continued success on PayPal.

Sincerely,

Earl

PayPal Consumer Support

PayPal, an eBay Company

Original Message Follows:

------------------------

Form Message

customer subject: more options for shipping

customer message: Additional Information: 'would you please add the

options for shipping in Paypal, including :

small flat rate box

large flat rate box

this would help to keep shipping costs down for the customer and the

sellers

thanks'

Login to Me Too

Brexter
Contributor
Contributor

What?   I don't see that they've added either Flat Rate box as a USPS option.

Login to Me Too

thingmaker
Contributor
Contributor

please check again.  under Service Type you have to have Priority mail selected.  then under Package Size you will see the small and large and medium flat rate boxes to choose from.

Login to Me Too

Brexter
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks.  I was only lookingin the first pull-down.  Cool.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.