old HTML FORM button method

jtweb
New Community Member

Are the old HTML FORM buttons still valid? I have them integrated on a number of sites and I'm not comfortable having clients create the new hosted buttons when they have hundreds of items and the button creation section is so painfully slow. Having them change 2 values on the html form buttons is much more convenient.

Please advise.

THANK YOU

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

skier
Advisor
Advisor

The old method is not really considered old and yes, the code works quite well.   We commonly refer to this method as "clear text".   The online button creator can generate basic item button code however, if you need some additional logic, then it needs to be done in "clear text", not "hosted" or "encrypted".   There's no need to switch your code unless you want to take advantage of "hosted" inventory feature.

Regards,

skier

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

skier
Advisor
Advisor

The old method is not really considered old and yes, the code works quite well.   We commonly refer to this method as "clear text".   The online button creator can generate basic item button code however, if you need some additional logic, then it needs to be done in "clear text", not "hosted" or "encrypted".   There's no need to switch your code unless you want to take advantage of "hosted" inventory feature.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.