login for additional users

gemmerch
Contributor
Contributor

I have set up an additional user, a virtual agent. How does he login to the account?

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

skier
Advisor
Advisor

PayPal's Multi-User Access details:

Providing you have a Business Account, you can grant various account access privileges to another person. For example you may have a Business Partner or Assistant who only needs limited access to your Account.

To setup the access privileges:

Login to your PayPal Account.
Select "Profile".
Under "Account Information".
Select "Manage Users".
Select "Add User".
Complete the Form.
Save.

When you setup the account for them, you enter their full name, the ID you want them to use and the password you want them to use. Next, assign the privileges and save. You can then logout and test the login ID and password yourself. Note, login ID is not an email address, it just a unique user name you make up The unique user name is used to log in along with the password you assigned.

The privileges listed below are the typical business operations that can be performed on PayPal.

* Send money
Allows users on your account to pay almost anyone with an email address in the countries that accept PayPal, with no fees.
* Request money
Allows users to request that someone send money by email or through invoicing.
* Add funds
Lets additional users add money to your PayPal account from your bank account.
* Issue refunds
Lets your users send a full or partial refund.
* Withdraw funds
Allows the user to withdraw money from your PayPal account to your bank account.
* Cancel payments
Lets the user cancel unclaimed payments for you.
* Distribute mass payments
Lets another user on your account pay large numbers of people using only the recipients' email addresses and the payment amounts.
* Set up recurring payments
Allows the user set up automatic billing cycles for your customers' credit cards or PayPal accounts.
* View balance
Lets the user view the available balance shown on your Account Overview page.
* View profile
Allows another user on your account to view your profile's settings.
* Edit profile
Lets users add, remove, or edit information on your PayPal account for you.
* Discuss account with Customer Service
Gives the user permission to discuss your account with our agents. All you have to do is accept our Account Administrator Agreement after you select this privilege.
* Handle authorizations and settlements
Lets another user perform this task for you daily.
* Activate and authorize APIs
Allows your developer to integrate your website with our products by setting up PayPal secure API credentials and permissions.
* Schedule and download Transaction History, and run Settlement Report
Means when you create a virtual agent on your account, these reports will be run and made downloadable daily.
*Use PayPal shipping
Lets the user buy U.S. Postal Service and UPS shipping labels online and set up shipping charges and tax, too, so that shipping is automated.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

arangel
New Community Member

I'm having trouble as well. I tried to login in as the user I set up and it doesn't let me it just says

"Please make sure you enter your email address and password correctly."

Login to Me Too

flwrchld
New Community Member

Right... but WHERE do they login? They cannot from the main page...  😞

Login to Me Too

dwelch
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem. Can't find WHERE to log in.

Login to Me Too

dwelch
Contributor
Contributor

Talked to Paypal support and they suggest entering the user ID for the additional user in the email address window (and not an email address) and then the password assigned to the additional user. The log-in is case sensitive so you have to get Caps correct. Then it worked fine.

Login to Me Too

skier
Advisor
Advisor

Guess everyond did not read the info in Bold on my previous post:

When you setup the account for them, you enter their full name, the ID you want them to use and the password you want them to use. Next, assign the privileges and save. You can then logout and test the login ID and password yourself.    Note, login ID is "not" an email address, it's just a unique user name you make up.  The unique user name is used to log in along with the password you assigned.

Unfortunally it was clearly stated that the login ID is not an email address, it's just a unique user name you make up. The unique user name is used to log in along with the password you assigned.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

dwelch
Contributor
Contributor

Skier: Yes, I now see that you had provided this info in your original post and tried your best to draw our attention to it. Guess even BOLD doesn't work for some of us with short attention spans. 

Thanks.

Login to Me Too

cloudhopper
New Community Member

hi folks, i had the same problem with additional user login. finally figured it out. heres what could be wrong: turns out paypal system turned the user name i created into all caps! even i created one with all lower case, the system apparently does this automatically, but upon reexamining my additional user account, there was my unique name all in caps!!!!!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.