is there a way to increase idle time after login?

davegas
Contributor
Contributor

Is there a way to increase idle time after login? It seems that  get kicked off too soon. Is this the same time for everyone or can you change it somehow? Thanks

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Amanda411

Hi davegas,

The PayPal system is designed to drop your connection, or 'time out', after five minutes of inactivity.

If the system is timing out in less than five minutes, it may be due to a loss of secure connection, which is usually caused by net congestion

• When high net congestion occurs, secure server based web sites are affected the most
  • If the problem persists, please reset your Internet connection or try accessing the PayPal site at a later time

In addition, if you do not clear your cache files periodically, you may experience longer loading or browser closing times. In order to improve your performance on the web and specifically while visiting our site, we suggest that you occasionally clear your cache.

Amanda

Login to Me Too

NorthernTint
New Community Member

5 minutes is not long enough.  We use the multi-ship program and routinely print 50 labels at a time, but time out a lot.  It's ridiculous in my opinion.  5 minutes doesn't give you the time to do what you need to do, and printing labels one at a time, or even 25 at a time, slows us down and reduces production.

What happened to the 15 minute idle time??  How come we can't set a time for ourselves?  As it is, if I get up to use the bathroom, by the time I get back it's timed out.  Ridiculous.

Login to Me Too

skier
Advisor
Advisor

Now that you've vented your comments, here's your chance to actually do something tangible.   Start by submitting a Feature Request via the Support Ticket system.  Go here, next to the word Severity, there's a dropdown selection, choose Feature Request, complete the form and submit.

In order to escalate an issue, you must open a Support Ticket Feature Request to document the problem. The behind the scenes logic at PayPal for fixing issues is that the top reported issue and or suggestion gets priority. Therefore, the more folks who open a Support Ticket Feature Request, the higher up the fix-it list it gets.  

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.