is dhgate.com scam

Taimur
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, i recently was directed to this site called DHgate.com. I placed an order for iphones as they were really cheap. My question is, is dhgate a scam or will i receive my iphones, are the iphone fake. if i do not, i paid it through paypal. Would paypal step in if it is fraud. would paypal help me get my moneyback or something.

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

tr_right
Contributor
Contributor

I haven't bought from DHgate, but I know several people who have and they were generally happy with the purchase. But they only purchased small, cheap items.

You will probably receive them, just note that most if not all items from that site ship from overseas. 

Some of the items they advertise are knock offs.  The iphones probably are.

Login to Me Too

CiCi
Contributor
Contributor

On the topic of DHgate,  I tried buying stuff from there and when I tried to pay with a credit card

I was directed to open an account with PayPal,  so my husband did and we're still waiting for the

funds to be transferred from our bank.  Meanwhile,  I paid with an e-check,  my question is:

will the money I paid DHgate be taken from the PayPal account or our bank?

Thanks in advance for the reply.

Login to Me Too

tr_right
Contributor
Contributor

You should research a site before you buy from it.  Especially expensive items like these.  This could help you from making this mistake again.

DH gate iphones could be clones that look the same on the outside but don't perform as an iphone should, or have as many features.

Login to Me Too

hogdog44mag
New Community Member

I have puchased a purchased from dhgate and I got it a cheap copy but I figured that But it does not work so I sent it back and got a bunch over gibberish and excusesbut they say they are working on it but I had to file a dispute/claim with Paypal because of time constraints Paypal denied my claim stating that they will only refund on not shipped items

Login to Me Too

sri
New Community Member

iPhones sold by DH Gate is all fake. Stay away....

Login to Me Too

rottenrichard
New Community Member

YOU CANNOT BUY APPLE OR DELL PRODUCTS ANYWHERE BUT THE ORINGINAL COMPANY

Login to Me Too

CHartman
Contributor
Contributor

The iPods and iPhones that are offered on DHgate are KNOCK OFFS. THEY ARE NOT GENUINE APPLE PRODUCTS.  The same can be said for all software sold on DHgate.  I have dealt with DHgate and its KNOCK OFF PRODUCTS and lost a LOAD of money because of it.  I had to refund all the sales I made including the original shipping costs that my buyers paid to me even though I shipped the items to my buyers (additional loss to me financially).

Paypal will only cover ITEMS NOT RECEIVED, not ITEMS THAT ARE SIGNIFICANTLY DIFFERENT.  BEWARE OF THIS!  Even though my DHgate seller stated I was buying iPODS...and they were actually replicas, once I accepted the package from DHgate Paypal would no longer step in.  I GOT **bleep**ED BIGTIME!!

Login to Me Too

monkeyboy
New Community Member

Hi all DH Gate is not a scam or a rip off, it states on the sellers page whether your buying an original product or not, most often the price you pay is the easiest way to realise, the I-phone 3gs sells for around £400 new, I bought x5 from dhgate for less than £200 which were obviously copies- may I add very good ones and I sold as copies. You can usually wait around 10 days for your stuff to be delivered depending on how long it takes to clear customs, if you have chose EMS as the courier then the tracking number can be tracked on parcelforce website very easy, if its not tracking then send the person you bought them off an message on the website and they will chase them up for you, please be aware of the time difference, your actual money is not released to the seller until you complete the sale so its safe regardless

Hope this helps

Monkeyboy

Login to Me Too

CHartman
Contributor
Contributor

monkeyboy, you are entitled to your opinion and I respect that. I'm glad you had a good experience with dhgate. I bought chinese ipods which 16 of 20 didn't work or wouldnt recharge once the initial 30 minute charge wore out. Have you had the joyous experience of trying to return defective items?  The seller I bought these from SIGNED for my return delivery and still claims to have not received them so he not only got the items back...he kept my money!  All I can say is BUYER BEWARE!!  You get what you pay for.  All the software (Adobe Photoshop CS4) I purchased is also copies which cannot be registered.  The listing stated it had legitimate serial numbers.  I know I'll never purchase from DHGATE again!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.