im sick of paypal holding money

PB_Decree
Contributor
Contributor

OK paypal there is no reason to hold my money, i am a legit person who has sold 4 things on ebay in a month and yet you still keep holding all my new sales money, I have 3 out of 3 positve feedback so far, just stop holding my money!

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

tmwrestlers
New Community Member

I have been using paypal for years, since it was new. My eBay feedback is 4204 with 1 negative. Apparently, according to paypal, I had a dispute filed with me LAST DECEMBER, last year and I have a full balance hold on my account. It cannot be removed until I ship my product and I can't ship my product cause there is a FULL BALANCE hold on my money. Quite a dilemma. I had to use my checking account bill money to ship the product. I think that this is CRAP. If the item is sold and then paid for there is no reason to hold the money. I was told over the phone that leaving feedback is one way to have the money released so that Paypal is sure the customer is happy. Answer me this, how many people receive a package, open it and immediately run to the computer and leave feedback??? Not too many. Sometimes I receive feedback for an item months later cause the customer forgot. So does that mean that my money will be on hold for months??? Cause someone forgot?? I guess the answer is to hand deliver the package and then walk people to the computer to leave feedback so that we can receive payment. Forget that, garage sales are easier. I used to recommend Paypal to everyone, not anymore. I work at a bank and people would always question me on whether it was safe and I always said "Yes and easy to use". After this, NO.

Login to Me Too

plfriday
Contributor
Contributor

Apparently if you're not the kind of person who keeps enough in your PP account at all times to pay for postage and shipping supplies and what you might need for special orders, you no longer qualify to be treated as a decent, hardworking person.  They're **bleep**ing us.  I don't have money sitting around.  I use the money the customer pays to pay for postage and so on.  Now I can't do that.  I don't drive much and I can't be running to town every time I have a package so I can buy stamps or postage.

This is stupid.  It's demeaning and dehumanizing and it shows just what kind of value Paypal and Ebay put on their sellers who don't have enough sales to qualify to have free reign on their money or ones like the other poster who, God forbid, have a customer who has a bug up their backsides and complains ONE TIME about a product.

Just one more way of making sure the people who use the system are independently wealthy, I guess...well, count me out!

Login to Me Too

Sharbo
Contributor
Contributor

When did anyone agree to have Pay-Pal hold their  money for up to 21 days? I'm also sick of getting the run-around from customer service reps (who I can hardly understand). They read from a script sitting in an office in

India and have no concept of the problem. I too have 21 positive feedbacks, a 100% rating, etc. They blame it on e-bay and e-bay blames it on pay-pal. Bottom line is they are using our money while we wait.

I want a straight answer from e-bay. By the way if you sell an item not using e-bay, but in an ad, the money is transferred immediately. I just had an item sell a few months ago for $850.00 and it was in my account

within hours.

I have no intention of putting up with this and am going to find someone who'll give a straight answer.

Login to Me Too

Erlinda
Contributor
Contributor

I have a total of 21 feedbacks all positive and have no problem with PayPal , they hold and release the fees as fast as the customer gets their item, usually within a week. One hold did take 21 days (overseas) The customer never left feedback and I still received the money(over $100.00).

As a buyer and a seller I appreciate the extra protection this affords.

I had 2 bad transactions totaling over 650.00 within a week with established sellers.

1 Item not sent  and 1 SNAD, I freaked and in both cases eBay and PayPal recovered my money.

I had given up on recovering 350.00 of it , since I had sent a business check and my bank said they could not stop payment (check had been cashed) or do a charge back. eBay recovered it within 3 days of me filing a complaint.

The system works!

I am not rich and only leave enough funds in PayPal to cover shipping and maybe make a buy on what I think would be a good deal.

I paid for some shipping in cash when possible , to build up my PayPal balance. With the payment releases it has added up significantly.

I know this might not work for everyone , especially if you are going through bad times during this recession.

Unfortunately good seller's do go bad, as I found out the hard way.

As a buyer I am glad the extra protection was there, as a seller I can learn and manage to deal with it.

Good Luck and happy holiday's.

Login to Me Too

LazerTurkey
Contributor
Contributor

This new policy is ridiculous. I've been buying and selling on eBay and using PayPal for years upon years. I listed with eBay when it was brand new, and I have been with PayPal so long I remember when they gave $5 to new customers.

So imagine my surprise to learn that I now have a 21 day hold on my account! There is NO reason for this. I've had 1 'dispute' filed against me, EVER, and it never escalated to a full-blow claim with PayPal's involvement because I issued a refund the day the customer complained. Also, I've made less than 5 complaints against people I've bought from. So I don't see where they are coming from. The PayPal website says that you need to have over 20 detailed feebacks in the last 12 months (I have 60), you cannot have a detailed seller rating average of less than 4.5 (mine is 4.67) and have to be selling in an established market ... I've been buying and selling vintage toys since the start.

Having to wait 21 days OR until the buyer leaves feedback is asinine. Are they for real? I have buyers who NEVER leave feedback. I also have a lot of buyers who will not leave feedback until I do. Which in some cases I simply will not do. I want any issues a seller might have to be resolved before resorting to negative feedback. I've found that by letting them know our transaction is not complete in my eyes until they have expressed satisfaction makes for a much more pleasant experience for the both of us.

And, like it was mentioned above ... I pay for my shipping with that money! It is not uncommon AT ALL for me to spend $75+ at the post office in one shot. Some of the items I ship are expensive to send, especially when the buyer requests express shipping, insurance, or any other number of extras ... It mounts up. I don't have that kind of money sitting around. If I did, I wouldn't be selling on eBay. I would use my PayPal Debit card at the post office to ship my goods, it would come right out of my account. It was a great set-up. I seriously have NO idea how I'm supposed to operate under these new terms.

Between eBay fees, PayPal fees, and now the interest they will be making off my withheld funds; the parent company is making more profit off my sales than I am. I've had enough. I guess it's time to close my eBay store and start selling the hard way; through collector's message boards.

Login to Me Too

Hooskin
New Community Member

I have over 6500 feedback and paypal has just started doing this to my account.  When are they going to learn that if you can sheer a sheep many times but only skin him once.  Right now they are skinning all of us.  Its time that they get sued again because IM pretty sure that what they are currently doing is illegal.  If they were withholding funds because the source wasnt trustworthy then it would be different. BUT withholding money coming to us without a reason to do so, thats not legal.

Login to Me Too

PB_Decree
Contributor
Contributor

Hmmmm, its a load of bs, Are there any other websites that do money transfer, ebay should drop paypal.

Login to Me Too

Sharbo
Contributor
Contributor

I just learned that E-Bay is the parent company of Pay-Pal.

The customer service reps at E-Bay refer your question to Pay-Pal,

and they read the same script over and over. How can we check to see if this is legal.?

Login to Me Too

SCisfedup
Contributor
Contributor

Don't get me started on this topic!

I don't what they want to call it, but Paypal is STEALING!   They hold our payments for 21 days,  gather interest, and cha ching!   They are making incredible amounts of money around their "Protecting the buyer" crap.

I sold some NFL football tickets.  The NFL doesn't issue season tickets any more. It is all done ELECTRONICALLY!

When I sell the tickets,   the buyer simply gets a notice from the NFL team and they accept them and print them out.

Apparently this is not good enough for paypal, because they want tracking numbers, etc.   HELLO!!!!  Welcome to the 21st century.    Tickets are NOT  issued anymore.    

And like it was mentioned before,  the buyer hasn't left the positive feedback, so I have to wait 21 days.   

SO -  here's what the buyer gets out of the deal vs the seller.

BUYER

-The buyer buys the tickets.

-Buyer prints out the tickets - Day 2

-Buyer enjoys the game with my tickets - Day 4

- Buyer does nothing and never visits ebay again Day 5 - eternity

SELLER

-Seller sells tickets

- Buyer sends money through paypal- Day 1

-Sellers is informed there is a 21 day hold on the tickets... but by all means,  ship the tickets anyway.

- Seller "transfers tickets from NFL Ticket office - Day 2

- Seller is notified by NFL that tickets have been claimed and printed- Day 3

-Seller waits, and waits, and waits, and waits for money  Day 4- Day 21

PAYPAL

Earns interest on MY money and thousands of other sellers  from day 1 - 21.

PONZI SCHEME disguised as Buyer Protection!  They are 'Using" our money for their own benefit.

WHAT TO DO?

Start using PAYMATE!

Paymate was actually on the scene in the early days with eBay. They dissappeared when eBay bought PayPal and made them their main payment option for their wildly successful auction site. Now eBay has approved Paymate as another alternative for eBay sellers as a payment method.

Paymate's big advantage over PayPal's standard method is that you don't have to be a Paymate user to make a payment. The customer enters their credit card on the payment page so they do not have to go signup with an account like they do with PayPal. For the one-time or occasional seller on eBay, PayPal accounts are great. But if you are a small merchant on eBay and elsewhere, you are taking more than an occasional payment from customers. Paymate gives your customers a simpler experience to shop with you making it a better alternative to PayPal. You can read more about paymate on their website at www.paymate.com.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.