how to remove Recently Used shipping addresses

jesusofnothing
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

i've used about 8 different shipping addresses over the past few years or so and was wondering if  it's possible to remove some of those. I'm not talking about the addresses stored in your profile but those that you see when you allow a 3rd party vendor to access your paypal account and it makes you select the shipping address from what appears to be a recently used list.

thanks!

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

JonnyBGood
Contributor
Contributor

I stumbled across this query and am sorry that there has not been an answer posted. I've removed all but the only physical address I now have, but PayPal continues to ask me to select from a list of other shipping addresses used in the past. Really annoying!

Login to Me Too

onetexasoldman
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks How did you remove the address?

Login to Me Too

jesusofnothing
Contributor
Contributor
anyone?
Login to Me Too

lorettalande
Contributor
Contributor

Had the same problem. Discovered that the addresses are on Ebay, not Paypal. In order to remove superflueous addresses you must access your MyEbay then go to your Account. There should be a list of services there to pick from. Good luck, it's taken me months to figure this one out. OR ask Ebay for instructions on their Live Chat or Contact buttons.

Login to Me Too

benlynnsy
Contributor
Contributor

Did that before I asked the question.  The address of which I speak is NOT listed on the ebay shipping addesses.  The only place it shows up is on the alternate shipping addresses on Paypal.  When I went to delete it, it chose that address as my shipping for the new purchase.  The only time I can see that address is when it's asking me to choose one for shipping, and that apparently is a very BAD time to try to delete it.   What a mess!

Login to Me Too

CrazyLittle
Contributor
Contributor

I'm with you guys - I can't figure out how to delete these addresses from my paypal send-money page.

Here's a picture of the address list we're talking about: http://i41.tinypic.com/211ji4h.jpg

Those addresses I blurred out are not in my Paypal account. They're not in my eBay account.  Two of those addresses are over three years old.  How do we get rid of them?

Login to Me Too

CrazyLittle
Contributor
Contributor

Searched around the rest of the community section, and found out that you MUST call paypal directly and have them remove the addresses for you.  From what I recall the rep saying, a "third party added that address to your account" (like a previous store you bought from) and only paypal can delete those addresses for you.

Call in, tell them you're referring to the addresses in the "change" address list on the send-money page.  They will have to escalate (very short wait ~1min) and then they'll delete the addresses for you.

Login to Me Too

benlynnsy
Contributor
Contributor

Now THERE is an answer I can work with!!   Thanks, Crazy Little!!!  I had tried all the "self-access" stuff, and it wasn't happening for me.   I guess I'll give them a call.   Thanks SO much for finding that info for us!!!

Login to Me Too

JonnyBGood
Contributor
Contributor

Telephone? Isn't this the 21st century? Can't computers be programmed to accomplish this seemingly simple task? At least we don't have to use snail mail to remove obsolete addresses!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.