how long does it take for a refund?

nccovington

I recently recieved a refund and it said that it will be transfered back to my debit cards. I look at my paypal account and the status of the refunds says "complete" but when i look at the balance of my debit cards the money does not appear. I just wanted to know how long doe sthis normally take to show up?

thank you

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

pookiepookie
Contributor
Contributor

i have the exact same question. if yours gets answered, please let me know! thanks a bunch.

Login to Me Too

Bailey75
Contributor
Contributor

I'm in the same boat as you. I have sent a couple of items back that I bought, and I'm not seeing my refund money anywhere. How long does it actually take to see the money go back into my paypal credit?

Login to Me Too

lolwutkyle
New Community Member

I am having the same problem! I really hope someone can help answer this.

Login to Me Too

spoiled1
Contributor
Contributor

Is anyone starting to wonder if Paypal is a raquet and they are sitting on money ON PURPOSE?

Login to Me Too

JustSomeGuy
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same problem, can anyone help? Now i have 105$ floating around somewhere and i want it back... it has been four days now and the money is still not in my card.

Login to Me Too

aeri
Contributor
Contributor

ME TOO! It's been four days and there's still money even though it says the refund was completed, anyone have any idea how long it takes? Gesh makes me want to never use paypal again >_<

Login to Me Too

countrygirl101
New Community Member

I am having the same probelm. It says my refund has been completed but yet I still havent recieved any money. it says it will be put back on my credit card...for one i used my debit card so it should go back to my bank account & 2 i contacted the buyer & he says the money has already been taken from him but yet I still havent recieved it....now where is my money? because paypal has to have it somewhere.....I have $311.00 floating around & want it back.... this is rediculous. They should make it an immidiate transaction. Its very frustrating...if anyone finds out anything of how long it takes or anything, please let me know. 🙂 thanks.

Login to Me Too

spoiled1
Contributor
Contributor

It will take as long as PayPal can get away with keeping it.  My transaction was an immediate one from zappos and canceled within 2 minutes of the transaction, Zappos immediately posted that to my paypal account but Paypal continued trying to take the money from me, then once they took it, it took over 10 days to get back...seems that paypal is now so big they can do as they please.  There are many other options out there for you, if you use your cc you can get immediate action on any transaction through your carrier.  What appeal does pay pal have anymore?  I can't say since I have read comments on here that if you use your checking account to pay for a transaction then you aren't covered for the only reasons I can think of that someone would use PayPal in the first place, from fraud and being sold something that isn't as advertised.

Login to Me Too

waffalobills
New Community Member

paypal is a fn joke got me for 73.00 will not help me get it back even though the seller said they would replace it or refund it DONT BUY DURING CHRISTMAS THEY USE THE 45 DAY PERIOD AGAINST YOU WHEN YOU RECIVE IT DONT WRAP IT TEST IT OR THEY WILL **bleep** YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAS TOLD THEY WOULDNT DO ANY THING TO HELP

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.