how do i stop my payment to a seller

envymebi
New Community Member

i need to stop payment to a seller my bank account wont have enough cash in it

Login to Me Too
90 REPLIES 90

I need to stop a transaction to the incorrect person.

The amount is 25.00

infinity downline

Thanks

Julia Ross XXXXXXXXX

919-XXX2361

Login to Me Too

helpdesk
Contributor
Contributor

In paypal you can only cancel a payment if the status of the payment is unclaimed and there is a cancel button beside the transaction.

Login to Me Too

dorigo
Contributor
Contributor

I did an order online with deferred payment option paypal shows the order with pending waiting for company to charge amount. The company I ordered from has no record of the order but paypal has a hold on my funds in my banks account how do I get paypal to release the hold since there will be no transaction?

Login to Me Too

how long does it take to get a canceled payment transfered back into my debit? It was transfered back two days ago and my account doesnt show it yet.

Login to Me Too

helpdesk
Contributor
Contributor

it depends with your card issuer. Sometimes it will take up to 30 days depending with your card issuer's refund policy.

Login to Me Too

dermitage
Contributor
Contributor

This person gave me a jar of free face cream and ask me to pay shipping wich i did you can see it on there for $4.95 and got my card # and charged $99.05.

Icalled them and they said they would put my money back but they have not.

Login to Me Too

Sharon
Contributor
Contributor

Dear buyer,

** TALK TO THE SELLER FIRST **

It is not good to stop a payment if you have bid and won it!

I don't know why you want to stop the payment, but you need to contact the seller and

If you made a mistake ask the seller if you can cancel?

It's hard how to tell you, when I don't know why?

Contact the seller and ask to cancel and maybe they will!

You are putting yourself out there for negative feedbacks, and you "Don't" want that!

ALWAYS TALK TO THE SELLER OR BUYER BEFORE YOU CANCEL A PAYMENT!

If you still want to cancel, go to your paypal account and find the sale.

Open up the sale and cancel the payment, but First!! Talk to the seller.

They can send you a cancel your sale ( INVOICE )because you don't want them to have to pay

EBay for the sale and you bale out!

If you have gotten the item and it was not what you wanted and not as described, TALK TO THE

SELLER!!

I had a buyer that bid on my item and I only ship to USA!  He was not in USA.

I contacted the buyer and told him this and I returned the money and canceled

The sell through paypal and he got his money back and I didn't get charged for the sale.

* REMEMBER....CONTACT THE SELLER!  OR BUYER! *

Good luck buyer, God Bless and Merry Christmas, Sharon

Login to Me Too

marblebert
New Community Member

i sent two payment just now to a customer...by mistake

how do i cancel

Login to Me Too

Sharon
Contributor
Contributor

DEAR  BUYER,

MAKE SURE, BECAUSE I THOUGHT I HAD MADE 2 PAYMENTS ON AN ITEM AND I HAD NOT!

MAKE SURE BEFORE YOU CANCEL A PAYMENT, BECAUSE IF YOU CANCEL THE PAYMENT AND THE SELLER SEE'S WHERE YOU REFUSED THE PAYMENT THEY WILL BE MAD!

YOU DO KNOW THAT THE ITEM AMOUNT SHOWS UP TWICE ON THE TRANSACTION ON PAYPAL, WHEN PAID AND THEN COMPLETE OF THE SALE.

JUST MAKE SURE BEFORE YOU CANCEL ANYTHING!  CONTACT THE SELLER FIRST TO SEE IF THEY GOT MORE THAN ONE PAYMENT, BECAUSE IF YOU TRY TO PAY FOR AN ITEM AGAIN, IT WILL SHOW THAT THE ITEM HAS ALREADY BEEN PAID.

HOPE YOU GET THINGS WORKED OUT, HAVE A GREAT DAY, SHARON

Login to Me Too

ninexn
Contributor
Contributor

One option is to have the bank do a ACH NOT AUTHORIZED reversal, I had paypal take funds from bank account and not credit like i selected and paypal says "sorry better luck next time". So i called the bank and said i did not authorize that charge, I was not lying because i did not authorize it to that account. I should have the money and the NSF fees back in a few days. I also had them put a stop hold for all paypal transactions on my account. 

Then i will contact the seller and pay with credit card, not though paypal. 

This was the last time paypal will **bleep** me up, i will use alternate methods for payment and if it means not using ebay so be it! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.