fees?

hpno300
New Community Member

So I have read through the fees section but I'm still a bit confused as to why when I received $20 I wasn't charged a fee and then when I received $160 I was charged a fee? I calculated the fee on the $160 and its correct but why wasn't I charged a fee on the $20?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

telemonster

Don't complain! Don't give them ideas! Their greedy fingers will reach into your account and take more money!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Jason
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi hpno300-

PayPal offers two different kinds of payments: Personal and Purchase.  If a Personal payment is fully funded by PayPal account balance or bank balance, there is no charge for receiving those payments.  If the payment is a Purchase, regardless of funding source or if someone pays a Personal payment by credit card, fees will apply.

Here's a chart that shows when fees apply: https://cms.paypal.com/cgi-bin/marketingweb?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=marketing_us/send_money_f...

Thanks,

Jason

Login to Me Too

Melohawk
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the link to the chart, but now I'm even MORE confused. This is why I quite trying to sell online, the fee schedules from the auction sites and then the payment sites take all your profit and are difficult to decipher. As a buyer, it's easier just to find a deal and buy it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.