false claim from buyer..

julyraine22
Contributor
Contributor

I Received the item back from buyer and it works great! (the buyer said it wouldn't turn on at all)  I took a video of us opening the box, plugging it in and everything. (Because I was confident it would work) She is requesting ALL of the money back including both shipping fees. This is NOT fair, I deserve to be paid because the item works great, and she got a really good deal. She was fishy from the beginning..(taking over a week to pay, giving false addresses, etc.)

What should I do? Anyone else ever have this problem?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

TheKirk78

tell her to **bleep** herself, and if anything comes up you have evidence 

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Refund her original buying price only.

Most likely, it was just buyer's remorse.

If she files a paypal claim, you'll have to refund the original shipping as well, but she's stuck for the return shipping.

Login to Me Too

julyraine22
Contributor
Contributor

Why in the world should I have to refund original shipping? I had to bust my butt just to get her the item. This lady couldn't get her address straight and every time it was wrong I had to load my baby up and drive to usps, and wait in line with a screaming baby..it was a real pain!  I shouldn't have to pay just because she changed her mind, that is retarted. Do you know if that is the paypal policy? Even if the item is just fine?

Thank you for your help! I couldn't find any info about this on the paypal website..Many of their links weren't even working last night.

Login to Me Too

BigKahuna97
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Sadly your not alone but many sellers face the same situation.  I know it stinks but thats life.  My only advice would be to consider posting the same item on craigslist.  You would probably receive 80% of what you would off ebay BUT it's cash in hand at the point where you hand the item over.  Many ebayers are using this option more and more as scammers become the norm with ebay.

Login to Me Too

luvstampin
Contributor
Contributor

YES Paypal ususally  will refund the original shipping if the buyer can prove SNAD

Buyer however will not get refunded the return shipping.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.