eCheck and Seller protection

gt1
Contributor
Contributor

I sold a camera, and Canadian buyer asked if I could ship it to Guatemala, where he is on a long vacation. I declined, and told him that I can ship only to a confirmed address. His  account is couple of years old, but feedback is low, and Canadian address was unconfirmed. It took him  more than a week to get it confirmed, and today he sent me a payment by eCheck. I understand that once eCheck clears, the payment is legitimate and will not bounce. Is it so?  This transaction is marked as inelidgeble for Seller Protection- any idea why? I could find a good explanation on PayPal site. I worry about being scammed, but can't really put a finger on anything.

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

gt1
Contributor
Contributor

I found that I might be elgigible for seller protection after eCheck clears. So it may be legit after all.

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

This sounds really scammy - have you tried forwarding the payment emails to spoof@paypal.com to see if they're legitimate?

I would not be shipping this anywher until I made sure that I had SPP on it.

BTW, if the item + shipping is over $250, you'll need SIGNATURE CONFIRMATION, not just delivery confirmation, and that means you have to send it by courier if you're in the US - USPS doesn't provide an online viewable signature confirmation, as required by Paypal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.