donate button

eatforabuck
Contributor
Contributor

I put the donate button on my website and then i tested it, and it works fine for a day?

Next day I test it and i get error about browser issue?

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

eatforabuck
Contributor
Contributor
this is the error message I'm getting? Sorry — your last action could not be completed

If you were making a purchase or sending money, we recommend that you check both your PayPal account and your email for a transaction confirmation after 30 minutes.

If you came to this page from another website, please return to that site (don't use your browser's Back button) and restart your activity.

If you came from PayPal's website, click the PayPal logo in the upper-left corner to return to our home page and restart your activity. You might have to log in again.

Login to Me Too

skier
Advisor
Advisor

Unfortunately not enough information, we need to see what is going on and your item button code.   If you provide an URL to the web page that has the donation item button code, we may be able to help you.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

eatforabuck
Contributor
Contributor

www.eatforabuck.com see donate button after the videos upper half of the page.

Login to Me Too

eatforabuck
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry before videos.

Login to Me Too

skier
Advisor
Advisor

You're using Frames in your web site design. For security reasons, PayPal does not allow the use of their payment pages to be displayed inside of a Frame. When a PayPal page is displayed in a Frame, it is unsecure causing it to time out and/or be blocked.

You can fix this by simply adding target="paypal" in the <form action> tag of the HTML code. This will prevent the PayPal payment page from being displayed in a Frame.

<form target="paypal" action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

eatforabuck
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks! Hope this works...

Login to Me Too

zillia
New Community Member

Brilliant!  Fixed my problem also.  Thank you soooooo much.

Login to Me Too

alison_pr
New Community Member

Hi, I'm working on a google site (https://sites.google.com/site/tchersprusvi/membership-and-get-involved/donations?pageReverted=14) and although the button works when I click on it, the other two people testing things out said that they get the message noted in this thread. I tried to paste the html code here, but it converted into a "google gadget" here when I did.  I installed the button using PayPal's "create one" guide (www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?&cmd=_wp-standard-overview-outside) so the code would be directly from there.

If my problem is the same as mentioned here, having to do with frames, where in the code do I insert what was given in this thread as the fix? (I know very little about using html.)  Thanks!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.