dispute option for real ?

Kdnme

I filed a complaint, and esculated it because I already tried several times to resolve the problem with the company, and keep getting rude replies from them.   Well as fast as I filled out the box on paypal's esculation page, explaining that I ordered items and didn't receive them at all and I ordered items and received something significally different than what I ordered.   As fast as I hit the send button, I had an email, plus the Paypal page stated they "that quickly" at 12:45ish pm reviewed the claim and closed it,   that quickly.   I'm to believe that someone "that fast',   read what I typed ?    That's what they call an investigation ???    Closed.  Can't even re-open it.  If they really read it, they would see I complained about getting items significantly different that what I ordered, plus other items were never sent with the order.  How does this not qualify for an investigation and refund ?   I offered to send all documentation plus photos of the incorrect items I received, plus the communications with the company showing how they would not cooperate not even in the least.   This is what their 'auto-responder' email said from Paypal:   You have chosen to escalate your dispute to a PayPal claim. By ending communication with the seller, you are asking PayPal to investigate the case and decide the outcome. As part of our investigation, PayPal reviewed any communication you may have had in the Resolution Center.  Our investigation into your claim is complete. As stated in our User  Agreement, the claims process only applies to the shipment of goods. It does not apply to complaints about the attributes or quality of goods received. Therefore, we are unable to reverse this transaction or issue a refund. Closed.

That's it ?  That's Paypal's way of investigating ?    So much for looking at my documentation, or finding out what didn't ship to me,   or what did ship but was not what I ordered and paid for.   I wanted a full refund and offered to mail back the wrong items that were sent to me,  but, come on,  where's the investigation into the claim ?   Wish I paid with a credit card instead.     Are there any options available at this stage ?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

ag1
New Community Member

I had the same issue recently where I paid $50 for an item (pet carrier with charms) and received cheap charm from China.  I escalated it to a claim and even called the the resolution center.  They told me that they do not cover "Significantly Not as Described" under their buyer complaint policy and closed my claim with even trying to recover the money from the seller who had a verified paypal account.

I found below on Paypal's policy and will try to open a Buyer Complaint to their management and see what happens.  Then if it doesn't work maybe a small claims court.

1. What is the PayPal Buyer Complaint Policy?

It is PayPal’s process to help you resolve a problem directly with the seller through the PayPal Resolution Center for purchases that are not eligible for PayPal Buyer Protection.

The PayPal Buyer Complaint Policy is similar to PayPal Buyer Protection in that it enables buyers to file Disputes for Items Not Received (INR), or for items that are Significantly Not as Described (SNAD). By filing a Dispute, you can communicate with the seller and attempt to resolve the problem. If you are unable to resolve the problem, you may escalate an Item Not Receive (INR) Dispute to a Claim – but you may not escalate a Significantly Not as Described Dispute to a Claim.You may not file a dispute for a Personal Payment.

Even though you may escalate an Item Not Received Dispute to a Claim, you are not guaranteed recovery. If the Claim is decided in your favor, your recovery is limited to the amounts that PayPal can recover from the seller’s Account.

2. What is the process for the Buyer Complaint Policy?

Similar to PayPal Buyer Protection, you must file a Dispute in the PayPal Resolution Center within 45 days of the date you sent the payment. Once you have done so, you should attempt to resolve the Dispute directly with the seller.

3. What happens if I am unable to resolve the Dispute directly with the seller?

You may escalate the Dispute to a Claim within 20 days of the date you filed the Dispute. PayPal will make a final decision for some - but not all - Claims. You should not escalate a Dispute for Significantly Not as Described (SNAD) to a Claim because PayPal will not make a decision on a SNAD Claim under the PayPal Buyer Complaint Policy.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.