didn't receive check from paypal?

donald1982
Contributor
Contributor

I requeted a check 11 day ago on November 16th.  The withdraw money page indicates it only takes 5 to 10 days to receive a check in the mail.. I was thinking more closely to 5 days than 10, but it's been 11.  Should I wait a little longer or worry it's been lost?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

moochie
Contributor
Contributor

it would seem to me that Paypal doesnt really want you to get your money out of your account they would rather it be a virtual account and used for paying for paypal purchases using vendors/sellers who are also paypal customers. For that reason paypal is going to want you to be as unsure about your check as possible, you can rest assured that it will take as long a time as they want it to, and the information concerning when the check was cut and sent will be very difficult to access or be unacessable.   

Login to Me Too

donald1982
Contributor
Contributor

well, good luck to them... My account's restricted and I don't think I can make purchases using my paypal account.  When I requested the check they DID confirm the check will be mailed and my account balance HAS been affected by this change.  But I have yet to verify a bank account so making purchases online isn't happening anytime soon.  I started my website (business) 8 months ago and only made $52.  Until I make more money, I'm not going to get a bank account and link it to paypal.  Bank accounts always get the worst of me, I can't handle all the fees... so I won't have a verified paypal account until I have the income to back it up.  So the only thing I am able to do with my paypal account is receive money and request a check via mail.  I just hope it don't take too much longer cause I'm broke lol.

Login to Me Too

moochie
Contributor
Contributor

Good luck to you and I mean it, I have a bank account but really dont see why I need to share details of my bank account with these people so I can qualify for a debit card, Im a big fan of credit cards even though it punishes people I do business with (by charging them fees) I really like getting 40 days free credit and a written account of all my purchases in one statement. Why paypal makes it diificult to really like them I dont understand if they made it easier to transfer money aound then I might feel better about giving them more of my financial business. I think there are ways to make money with ebay, my way is to go to auctions and buy box lots of underappreciated stuff, I have literally bought box lots with 100 times the purchase value in them. I couldnt imagine trying to sell new stuff on ebay, I think the other way that I would consider is to become such an expert at something so specialized and marketable that you have a considerable edge on anyone else out there. I was particularly impressed by a certain guy on the British antiques roadshow, this guy learned everything he could about a few artists when he saw a particular painting - unsigned he knew instinctively who it was by and was able to make the purchase at a fraction of its real value. There are all these little niches out there that you can squeeze into and make your own, having said all that my best purchases I never knew exactly what it was I was buying until I got it home and did the research, box lots can be your absolute saviour! Peter    

Login to Me Too

markus526
New Community Member

have you recieved oyur check yet? i ordered mine, but it hasnt been very long. i just want to make sure this isnt going to turn out badly for me

Login to Me Too

rexinsandiego
Contributor
Contributor

I just requested a check to be mailed to me but it looks like it will take more than the 1 to 2 weeks that was quoted in the email. Is this true? I don't understand why PayPal makes it so hard to get your money. This money is actually not theirs to play with and I hope my check does come within the 2 week time span or I'm going to go ballistic.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.