confirm payment to redirect to service page

jkexclusive
New Community Member

how would i confirm payment then all payee to acess a web page after payment using a buy now button

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

OurVisits_com
New Community Member

In the Buy Now Button Setup Flow

• Step 3
  • Fifth option:Take customer to a specific page (URL) after successful checkout.

Additionally the fourth option lets you specify where to send them if they cancel the checkout process. 

Login to Me Too

rickfalls

These instructions only work for paid busines accounts ?

Login to Me Too

skier
Advisor
Advisor

The instructions are intended for either Premier or Business Accounts, both of which are FREE to open and maintain and there are no monthly fees.  You only pay transcations fees on successful transactions.  You cannot do what you have in mind with a Personal Account.   Premier and Business Accounts are intended for selllers, Personal Accounts are intended for buyers or sending money to reletatives and/or friends.  

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

skier
Advisor
Advisor

What you are referring to is the Auto Return feature.

"Auto Return" immediately brings your buyers back to your specified URL upon payment completion. This feature replaces the standard PayPal hosted "Payment Done" page with a page hosted on your website.

To set up Auto Return, you need to turn it on in your Account Profile and enter the return URL that will be used to redirect your buyers back to your site.

Select "Edit Profile"
Under "Selling Preferences"
Select "Website Payment Preferences"
Note first option - Select "On" - Auto Return for Website Payments
Enter the Return URL.
Click "Save."

The Return URL specified in your PayPal Account is good for all transactions however, you can override this by using the "return" variable in your individual item button code and direct the buyer to a different URL. Example:

<input type="hidden" name="return" value="http://www.yourwebsite.com/successful.html">

How it works:
* If the buyer pays with a PayPal account, they are automatically taken back to the site.

* If the buyer pays with the Credit Card Option, they are taken to the receipt page where PayPal gives them the chance to print out a receipt. This is a legal requirement. After that, the buyer must click on the "Return to Merchant" link in order to return to the site.

Tips on digital downloads:

One method for Digital Downloads is to enable the Auto Return feature in your Account Profile. After a successful transaction, the buyer is immediately sent back to a specific page where they could download the item. Note, using this method, the URL can be shared with others as it is not secure.

Another method would be to use PayPal's IPN feature along with Auto Return. This method does require additional programming skills. After the payment is processed, PayPal posts the transaction details to your IPN script. At this point, you could have your IPN script either send out an email with the item as an attachment, or an email that has a link to a secure page where the item can be downloaded from.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

char60

Hello - I've read your posts and tried to input the hidden variable directly into the button code on my website, which doesn't seem to be working.  I have two different products I am selling individually using the same website and paypal account, but which need to be redirected to different urls after the payment is received. 

The problem I'm having is that no matter how I code the 'second' button, it continues to redirect to the 'first' button receipt page.  Auto return is turned off (I don't think I can use this with two different receipt pages, anyway). 

I've coded the hidden variable code you provided into my 'second' button, and when the final paypal page is reached, I can roll over the 'return to site' button and it shows the correct url for the 'second' button, but when the 'return to site' button is actually clicked on, it redirects to the incorrect 'first' button receipt page url.

Other than the Auto Return, is there some other place there would be a setup that would override the individual button?

This is probably clear as mud - thanks in advance for any help

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.