charging for downloading a file (pdf booklet)

SusanW
Contributor
Contributor

I would like to set up a BUY NOW button that requires the buyer to pay for downloading a pdf file--how do you go about setting up the re-directions so that when the buyer clicks on the button, the buyer first pays for the download and only then is directed to a place to download the file.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

skier
Advisor
Advisor

Easiest solution, use a 3rd party Digital Goods Delivery Service.  For example this service is easy to get setup and running.

Next:

One method for Digital Downloads is to enable the Auto Return feature in your Account Profile. After a successful transaction, the buyer is immediately sent back to a specific page where they could download the item. Note, using this method, the URL can be shared with others as it is not secure.

Another method would be to use PayPal's IPN feature. This method does require additional programming skills. After the payment is processed, PayPal posts the transaction details to your IPN script. At this point, you could have your IPN script either send out an email with the item as an attachment, or an email that has a link to a secure page where the item can be downloaded from.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

IdealStyleGuy
Contributor
Contributor

I was thinking about doing the same thing. Thank you.

Login to Me Too

skier
Advisor
Advisor

Nice!

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

ralphscrafts
New Community Member

I was setting up a web site for this and they directed be to use "click bank"  they have a program which talks you thru the process of paying and then down loading so that the customer cant down load without paying.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.