change the look off add to cart button and view cart

jobug
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone know how to change the color from yellow to pink etc? Thanks so much!

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

JRenna

You can use your own button image.  Create a jpg image (or grab a non-copyrighted one off them thar interwebs) and save that to a specific folder on your website (for example, you might save the image to the "images" folder on your website which then would have a URL something like: http://www.mywebsite.com/images/mybuttonimage.jpg).  When you create a new button or edit an existing one, change the "how it looks" to your custom image by specifying the URL rather than using one of the PayPal default buttons.

Login to Me Too

skier
Advisor
Advisor

What you have in mind is called a mouse rollover effect.  You need two graphics, each with a different color.  Here's one example and here's another.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

CosmicHooker
Contributor
Contributor

My customized images are not showing - - it's beginning to annoy me.  The image URL is correct, I've tested it on a different browser, etc. - - still not showing.

http://www.cosmichooker.com/images/btn_spcl.gif

It ought to show up!  Sadly, it is not and I'm forced to use the ugly PayPal buttons. 
A suggestion?

PP should have a holiday selection, or a "special" selection.

Login to Me Too

skier
Advisor
Advisor

Your posted link works fine.

We would need to see your actual item button code to see what is going on.   If you want, post the URL to web page that has the code.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

CosmicHooker
Contributor
Contributor

The link posted was for the image  - -  to show that it was, in fact, a valid image file.

I decided to try and put the code in my website anyway, and oddly enough, even though the image didn't show on PayPal when I created the button, it showed up fine on my website.

Problem solved! 

Still, though - - I'm wondering why it didn't show in the "buyers view" version when I created it?

Login to Me Too

skier
Advisor
Advisor

Although the online button creator will allow you to insert a URL for a custom graphic, it will not display the image while in the button creation process.  It just displays a small rectangle with two crossed lines.   This is by design and normal behavior.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

CosmicHooker
Contributor
Contributor

Ah, okay.  I understand now.

I didn't see that explanation anywhere, it might be a good idea to have a small disclaimer "your file will not show until code is uploaded."

Thank you for your time!  Kudos.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.