cancel transfer of funds to pay pal

pelosmom
Contributor
Contributor

I'm in the same boat Jimmy's in. I just 30 min. ago trans. funds from my checking acct. to find there was a 3 day hold. discovered I could pay direct from bank to pay pal so I did but now I can't figure out how to cancel the orig. transfer. HELP!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

You cannot cancel the original transfer. After the transfer is completed, you can send the funds back to your bank account by logging in to your PayPal account and clicking on the "Withdraw" tab.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9
Solved

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

You cannot cancel the original transfer. After the transfer is completed, you can send the funds back to your bank account by logging in to your PayPal account and clicking on the "Withdraw" tab.

Login to Me Too

pelosmom
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much for your help. I was resigned to just calling them tomorrow. pelosmom

Login to Me Too

rmikelevy
New Community Member

Transferred funds from my bank account to PayPal only to find there is a 3-day wait for the transaction to complete. WHY can't PayPal cancel a transfer as quick as it is to take the money? I lost the purchase because PayPal tied up the money. It never went to the seller. And now my money is frozen for any other use as well. Thanks, PayPal...for really **bleep**ing me over. Another company that has the technology to take money in a heartbeat but seems technologically incapable of returning it. As a disabled veteran, I really appreciate your treatment of me. I didn't do anything harmful to you, so why are you doing this to me?

Login to Me Too

sac
New Community Member
Well, this is NOT good, because they have the wrong bank account number, so the request for funds will never go through. What a pain. And I tried calling, but there is no longer a person to talk to. I'm upset. Now I have an account overdue to be paid and have to wait another 3-5 days for confirmation of a new account before I can even start a new request for funds transfer. AAARRRGGG!
Login to Me Too

Fotog4
Contributor
Contributor

The probelm with that is, you can transfer whatever you want to, but, you can only withdrawl up to $500.

So if you transfer say $2000, and with the their limit of $500 and the 3-5 day process it could take you up to three weeks to clear this up and problems you might have. This is waaaaaay tooooo long.

Login to Me Too

Rastaguy2
Contributor
Contributor

Haha! So I set up for a PERFECT transaction on amazon and ebay. But my card literally the moment I put money in takes a fee out! So I'm short a few dollars, and what's worse, Amazon says they've been having a little bit of trouble with paypal and will not do the transaction (Insufficient funds ALTHOUGH the funds were supposed to come from my bank account).

I instead plan to transfer the amount to paypal, and attempt it again, its going to take 3 days, i'm okay with this, but now I need it cancelled because i'm just now noticing that the fee is going to cause problems for the ebay transactions I have and that one of the transactions isn't even taking out the money needed! Very randomly just not working at all.

Now Amazon is also taking out the money it said it wouldn't take out in the first place due to the insufficient funds.

Its like... everything is falling inwards? WTF. Thanks Paypal.

Login to Me Too

nokidding

go to your bank and pay a small fee and get a stop payment on the transaction. your bank will do this for a smaller fee than over draft charges and they will let the first transaction go through and stop the duplicate transaction if that is what is needed.

Login to Me Too

MeMe2

I am in the same situation, I accidently hit the wrong account to transfer from my bank acct to pay pal, it still says pending. So then I tried again with the correct account but cannto stop the original incorrect transaction.....there should be a way to stop a pending transaction without causing so much trouble.

Login to Me Too

Fotog4
Contributor
Contributor

I agree, then on top of that, you have a limit.

I too made an error in the transefr, and now I can't cancel, and since it was teh wrong account, I've already been charged a NSF of $30.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.