can I cancel a transfer that is still pending?

Jimsterjam
New Community Member

I would like ot cancel a bank transfer that I have put into motion yesterday and is still pending...

Does anyone know if this can be done and how to do it?

Please let me no,

Jim <removed>

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

acohn
Contributor
Contributor

Is your transfer to

• your PP account
  • another PP account holder
  • a person who doesn't have a PP acccount but that you expect to create an account to claim the money?

The answer in the first case is no, you can't cancel the transfer, but you can transfer the money back to your bank account once to transfer to your PP account is complete.

The answer is the second case is probably  not, with a couple of exceptions:

1. A send-money payment funded with a bank account is denied for insufficient funds.
    2. A send-money payment funded with a credit card is charged back by the Sender.

In both cases, PP will reverse the funds and try to recover the funds from the Receiver.

The answer in the third case is maybe.  If a sender makes a send-money payment to a receiver who does not have an Account, the receiver has 30 days from the date of payment to create an account and claim the payment.  Otherwise, PayPal will automatically reverse the payment to the sender's account.

Senders can cancel an unclaimed send-money payment to a receiver who does not have an Account for up to 30 days from the date of payment.

1. Go to the PayPal website and log in to your account.
  2. Click "History" at the top of the page.
  3. Find the transaction you want to cancel in the list of transactions.
  4. Click "Details" next to the transaction to go to the Money Request Details page.
  5. Click "Cancel Money Request".

You can also cancel a transaction from the main History page. In the Order status/Actions column, click the arrow next to "Remind". Then click "Cancel" from the list.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

acohn
Contributor
Contributor

Is your transfer to

• your PP account
  • another PP account holder
  • a person who doesn't have a PP acccount but that you expect to create an account to claim the money?

The answer in the first case is no, you can't cancel the transfer, but you can transfer the money back to your bank account once to transfer to your PP account is complete.

The answer is the second case is probably  not, with a couple of exceptions:

1. A send-money payment funded with a bank account is denied for insufficient funds.
    2. A send-money payment funded with a credit card is charged back by the Sender.

In both cases, PP will reverse the funds and try to recover the funds from the Receiver.

The answer in the third case is maybe.  If a sender makes a send-money payment to a receiver who does not have an Account, the receiver has 30 days from the date of payment to create an account and claim the payment.  Otherwise, PayPal will automatically reverse the payment to the sender's account.

Senders can cancel an unclaimed send-money payment to a receiver who does not have an Account for up to 30 days from the date of payment.

1. Go to the PayPal website and log in to your account.
  2. Click "History" at the top of the page.
  3. Find the transaction you want to cancel in the list of transactions.
  4. Click "Details" next to the transaction to go to the Money Request Details page.
  5. Click "Cancel Money Request".

You can also cancel a transaction from the main History page. In the Order status/Actions column, click the arrow next to "Remind". Then click "Cancel" from the list.

Login to Me Too

JoeDude
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same problem. I used my paypal account to purchase something for the first time, and then I went to the paypal site and saw that my balance was zero so I though I needed to put money in. I went ahead and did it but then I noticed that they had already transfered the money needed, so now I'm afraid I'll have to double pay and I don't have enough money in my account to cover it so I'll get an overdraft.

So if they try to take the money out and there isnt enough will they just stop and send it back, no charge? Or will I incur some sort of penalty?

Login to Me Too

aleyjay93
New Community Member
And now it says lending but says nothing about canceling WTF I just want my money
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.