buyer disputes

Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

My buyer is claiming "not as described". Claiming damage that wasn't there when shipped. I'll give him a full refund just to get out of it even though I stated "no refunds accepted" in my listing. I'm thinking that he's going to return different items to me and keep mine. My question is- when will PayPal refund his money? Will they wait until I get the items back (in same condition that they were shipped in) or when he provides a tracking #. Also, he IS responsible for the return shipping costs, correct?? From reading other experiences on this site, it sounds like as a seller, I don't have a chance at winning. This is only my 2nd sale on eBay, and probably my last!

Login to Me Too
118 REPLIES 118

grangeranger
Contributor
Contributor

PP sure is protective they have been holding a payment from an auction winner since Thursday night. Of course they took their fee out. It was a payment for over 200.00 and we have been selling on ebay for almost 5 years. We have had  3 negative feedbacks the whole time. Not bad for five years. It was an honest mistake and we refunded them as soon as possible and right after we did they left a nasty negative. So now that we have 99.7% instead of 100% we are prone to money holds. They told us we had to move money into paypal in order to use the shipping even though our customer paid us in good faith the money to ship.  I just do not see what makes that OK. Of course they also only give you 7 days to ship or just forget about being protected. I started cracking up at that point. Protected how do I protect myself from paypal when it is pay pal that will hold my payments, dip into my bank funds, charge my credit card, and take a fee for the service provided? Normally I do not even have to worry but my approval rating dropped 3/10 of a percent so I can see how I should be protected from myself.

It is about time, I will have enough money to gas up the car and drive to the South Bay for the San Jose gathering, when is that? I cannot wait!Smiley Happy

17 hours later ...still holding

won the battle but lost the round

maybe I can spare change people at the plaza this morning, I'll make a sandwich board sign that reads

"victim of pay pal ebay item money hold, can you spare some change?"

i wonder if when it is payday at the pal they hold employee pay checks because they want to make sure workers do not quit their job  during the weekend. This way it protects the employee by making sure they come back on Monday  to get the pay check they wish they had all weekend.

Does anyone know a good way to protect the management level workers?

The execs are easy to protect the management hide all the spray paint and model glue from them and that way they can be real innovative about how to protect ebay sellers in new ways. It is a very complex cycle, you just cannot let the buyers hamster run backwards on the Habitrail wheel it creates a very powerful vacuum that might **bleep** all the money up so that  it makes free trade non existing.

Unless you get a sweet deal on cases of model glue to drop ship. Does anyone know if that category is considered high risk? 

Smiley Wink

Login to Me Too

gojogoodies
Contributor
Contributor

One of my buyers said that it took too long to arrive.  I answered his complaint as follows:  First of all, I mailed it at the Post Office within 7 days (it was going to Canada so I had to physically stand in line at the Christmas rush), that it was the Holidays and all bets are off with the Postal Service in December as far as timing, that there were blizzards in the NorthEastern U.S. that shut down the airports, and when you send out of the Country, there is no guarantee or way to track because we have no control over other countries postal system.  He replied that I DELIBERATELY waited until the seventh day to ship and that I was lazy!  CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT?  Then, because he didn't like that my reply actually made sense, he opened a case against me stating that I DELIBERATELY left out a part!  I explained that I am a senior citizen trying to make ends meet and he was being rude to us elders.  Then he wrote that my grammar was incorrect, that "elders" refers to males only, not females!?  Not wanting to bother further or add fuel to the fire so to speak, I offered a refund naturally, but guess what?  He kept the case open for over a month, never returning the $7 item, so PayPal closed the case.  I mean it, what a waste of time!  It just goes to show that there are a lot of people out there that are not dealing with a full deck or that their elevator doesn't go to the top!

Login to Me Too

gojogoodies
Contributor
Contributor

I agree.  It seems that the buyer is always protected and some buyers take advantage of that policy.  They continue to buy, then complain without trying to work it out with the seller, and finally leave negative feedback destroying the seller's reputation.  After selling 153 items, I quit because I was being taken advantage of and I'm no dummy.

EBay and PayPal should reject any disputes where the buyer simply refuses to attempt to work it out with the seller, rather than reward them with a settlement in their favor. 

Finally, I am sick and tired of PayPal and EBay's "stock" letters saying that they "sympathize" with my concerns then turn around and remove funds from my account!   It's injust behavior in this democratic society and they should be penalized without allowing buyers a fair "trial".  It's just another example of huge bank monopolies!

Consumers need to be educated that an EBay auction is just that, an auction.  If they want brand new merchandise with a guarantee, then shop at Macys!  I can't believe the emails I received from buyers with complaints, despite sending multiple photos, describing the item as "pre-owned", and allowing a refund if I misrepredented an item.  I was accused of everything from "it's greasy" to "I want a refund without the hassle of returning the item".  Those buyers are "playing" the odds that PayPal and EBay will rule in their favor, and guess what, they did--EBay and PayPal ruled in their favor...that's an outrage.  It's too bad that EBay got so big and independent because they can afford to lose small sellers like me rather than do what is right and fair.  (I can go on and on, but I won't)

Login to Me Too

sally99
Contributor
Contributor

I'm a buyer and i bought an item from china and it took a long time before i recieve it and it did not work, so i emailed the seller twice but i did not get any responed from the seller I made a claim and paypal just give a run around just to get my money back.The seller is no longer registered on ebay i can email the seller but whats the use he never respond. Paypal keep asking me for the documents for the returned items i send it to them twice already and now they asked me again to fax it to them i just fax it two days ago and i have to do it again? I don't know if i should buy more things on ebay and use paypal this is a lesson for me to never do it again i use my credit card to purchase and returned the item and i still did not get my money.I have never made a claim before this is the first,even though i have been "bleep " twice from china this one use british pound which cost more than a dollar, i don't think paypal really protect the honest once maybe i have to make a complaint to my credit card about this it has been a month long already and i still did not get my money back  i just get the running around sending proof of returned it has been returned already a month ago what else do they need. I am getting tired of it and not buying anything till now because i don't want to use either ebay or paypal no more for me i'll go somewhere where i can get my money back when i returned the item honestly.

Login to Me Too

idd_main

I think you can choose a good seller to avoid high risk.
For me,I'll check their feedbacks at least 200 if they come from China................

We have problems that paypal hold our money,the reason is "Bank Return"

Buyers recieved products already for 3 days,I don't know why paypal open a dispute and hold our money!!!

As to this problem,we bump into this problems at least twice,and still one case is opening>_<

We sell products on ebay from Taiwan & USA

(Taiwan<>China,many buyers think we come from China,it troubled us....sigh.....),

always want to provide good service & products.
We truly hope paypal will not hold or remove our money again and again.
We  felt  it  is  very  dangerous  that  we  believed  paypal,but  paypal  hurt  us   
again and again...........

Login to Me Too

snowbrat

Paypal and ebay are starting to **bleep** big time. I have lost money as both a buyer and seller......the fun is gone from ebay...ever since Meg Whitman left the company the new CEO just does not care about the company...sellers are leaving and buyers are afraid to make purchases...it is a sad day in ebay-land anymore....it use to be fun and you could count on them to be fair...not anymore.

Login to Me Too

safarigirl64
Contributor
Contributor

I agree with you on the sellers leaving ebay. I have seen ratings out of this world( in the thousands) and they have a "no longer a resistered user" after their name.

As far as buying from China-I have small things but am leary to buy much. It's hard enough to trust people/sellers in the USA!

The fun has left Ebay-desparation is why I buy off ebay at times. As for being a seller-there's always SOME JERK/SCAMMER lurking around a corner waiting to ruin your day.SAD.Woman Sad

Login to Me Too

worldviewdirect
Contributor
Contributor

Listen... i had this same thing happen.... an idiot did not read my ad.

i immediately refunded and she still put not as described and **bleep**ed me over. e-bay said they could not do anything about it.

the problem is that the buyer was new and does not even know what the heck she is doing.

Login to Me Too

peipaosuk

This is the second time i got rob by cheated buyers who take advantage of paypal buyer protection.

The buyer just filed a "not as described" claim and get full refund from paypal after provided tracking for returned item.  Paypal automatic refund after get the delivery confirmation regardless of what is in the returned package.

I need help from expert how to prevent this happen again.  eBAY & Paypal are **bleep**.  Hope Amazon get more popular so we  can dump eBay/Paypal.

Login to Me Too

coffee2u2
Contributor
Contributor

@FyUaaCaaKaaED wrote:

the same condition as when it was received.

Oh, now thats frackin rich!!!

like Paypal cares what condition its in!!! the buyer might as well take it out- stomp on it- throw it in the dryer with a bunch of rocks for an hour- take it out and stomp on it again, spill paint on it and call it Susan.......

then stick a postage stamp right on it and drop it off at the ole USPS............

cha CHINGG!!!

pay pal stinks i sent 3 money orders on feb. 2nd and they csnt find them and they are the hardist people to get hold of i have ever deen an when you do you cant under stand a word they are saying 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.