buyer disputes

Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

My buyer is claiming "not as described". Claiming damage that wasn't there when shipped. I'll give him a full refund just to get out of it even though I stated "no refunds accepted" in my listing. I'm thinking that he's going to return different items to me and keep mine. My question is- when will PayPal refund his money? Will they wait until I get the items back (in same condition that they were shipped in) or when he provides a tracking #. Also, he IS responsible for the return shipping costs, correct?? From reading other experiences on this site, it sounds like as a seller, I don't have a chance at winning. This is only my 2nd sale on eBay, and probably my last!

Login to Me Too
118 REPLIES 118

tbfelton
Contributor
Contributor

To all whom read this and have or had this problem may I suggest strongly always get insurance. Up to 50.00 is only 1.75 and 50.00 and up is 2.00 and over 200.00 is more. Just include this price in your handling fee. That way they still pay for the insure. Also if you are selling item(s) be sure to document all tiem(s) numbers, such as model. barcode and for cell phone and any electrronic s/n and p/n numbers to insure someone doesn't rip you off by buying you fairly good item and they doing this and stating it is damaged and return an item just like it which was their old one they messed up. This insures you get the same product back.And with insurance you can be sure nothing is to worry about if it was damamged in shipping you are still covered.

Login to Me Too

XULKE

PayPal Buyer Protection is a joke until and unless PayPal guarantees return shipping cost refunds when resolving a dispute.  If the seller offers 100% customer satisfaction or does not specifically exclude compensation for return shipping in a listing, the burden is on the seller to complete a satisfactory transaction.

Login to Me Too

BluesIguana
Contributor
Contributor

They tend to side with the buyer...seller has little support

Login to Me Too

demo187
Contributor
Contributor

Hello eveone! Im having problems as a buyer. I recently won an auction from ebay and paid the on 10th this month (~300€). Now the seller isnt answering me anymore. Last time he contacted me was on 15th this month saying "Because a small problem I could not send it yet. Tomorrow commits the shipment. Sorry!!" and after that he hasnt answered me. I filed a case on ebay on feb 20th. The item was on the ebay buyer protection program. What are my changes on receiving refund? Should i file a dispute with paypal also? Im just so fustrated over this right now. The last time i bought a similar item the seller was more then a week without informing me whats up.

Login to Me Too

Contributor
Contributor

YES!  If I were you, I would file a claim with PayPal too. You, being the Buyer, is a plus. BUT, I'm assuming that this was an International transaction, so who knows how that will work out for you. Best advice is to steer clear of ANY International deals! Ebay and PayPal don't have much (if any) pull when it comes to anything outside of the USA.  They can be unfair to you with transactions from right here in our own Country, let alone Internationally!! Good Luck with your claim(s)!!   Go to your search bar, and type in-   Bonanzle.

Login to Me Too

sally99
Contributor
Contributor

yes dispute it to ebay or call your credit card company  about that if you use your credit card just to hold your money for all the sellers here are saying that paypal hold the money before they get it so you might have a chance to get it back, sellers outside the U.S. i cannot trust anymore, so goodluck of getting your money back or hoping that you get the item that works too,let ebay know about that you can always contact them if you have a problem with your purchase.

Login to Me Too

demo187
Contributor
Contributor

Ok. I will file a claim on paypal too. Yes, it was a international transaction. I as from finland bought from spain.  Didnt find anything on bonanzie?

Login to Me Too

josephtastic
Contributor
Contributor

I have a very similar case but I think I might have lost everything here, someone please help. I am a seller who sold a playstation 2 and 5 or 6 games to a buyer for around 60$. On the listing I wrote, NO REFUNDS, IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ASK BEFORE BIDDING, and PAYMENT WITHIN 3 DAYS OF END OF AUCTION. He messaged me abunch of times wanting me to change the shipping address and I kindly told him that I could not because it was automatic or some b/s like that(I did not want to be unprotected if anything happened). This dirtbag waited abt 5 days to contact me paid a couple days later I sent the item immediately which cost me abt 11 $ @ the post office. After abt 2 or 3 days he did not try to resolve anything he just went straight to a dispute claiming "INACCURATELY DESCRIBED" that there were scratches and that the control trigger didn't work( I played the ps2 days before i packaged it to make sure it worked properly, it did) I clicked to resolve the dispute and my only options were, pay full refund, partial refund, and some other b/s that did not apply to me. I was more than happy to pay him his money back and get my item back, But since I hadent heard from him days after the money was already in my account, I spent some of it, also the shipping and handling was deducted from my earnings because I had abt 30 cents in my account. so i couldn't give him a full refund and I tried talking to him even giving him my personal phone number to see if we could work something out. But he did not respond and only escalated the dispute. The dispute said if I dident respond the money would be taken from my account after a week, so with no other option I decided to wait(kinda stupid). A very long sad story short paypal gave the idiot a full refund and that pushed my account in the negative obviously. I was planning on getting my item back and reselling it and bringing my account back in to + digits but surprise surprise he never returned my item! So he got a completely free ps2. leaving my paypal account in the red. It took me a long time to get any money to salvage my negative eBay and im still working on getting my papal back to GREEN. This dispute has been closed for a long time because i dident know what to do. So now im wondering if there's still a chance for me to get justice. I highly doubt it but it doesn't hurt to ask. Thanks to the awesome part of the paypal community that is willing to help others like me .

Login to Me Too

Contributor
Contributor

It sounds like the classic "buyer wanting something for nothing"! And he got it. You did the right thing by not shipping to a different address, higher priced item would not be covered that way. But since it's been so long, it sounds like you lost your item AND money! Like I've been saying, the point of eBay is to MAKE money, NOT lose it!!  Ebay AND Paypal S@ck!! Check out Bonanzle!

Login to Me Too

demo187
Contributor
Contributor

Wehee! My dispute-experience turned out to be a positive one. After less than 9 days from starting the dispute i just received an e-mail from ebay giving me full refund. The case was that the seller never answerred after i had sent him the money. If i undestood correctly, the seller never answered to ebay neither, so i guess that made the case so simple. Nj, ebay.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.