buyer disputes

Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

My buyer is claiming "not as described". Claiming damage that wasn't there when shipped. I'll give him a full refund just to get out of it even though I stated "no refunds accepted" in my listing. I'm thinking that he's going to return different items to me and keep mine. My question is- when will PayPal refund his money? Will they wait until I get the items back (in same condition that they were shipped in) or when he provides a tracking #. Also, he IS responsible for the return shipping costs, correct?? From reading other experiences on this site, it sounds like as a seller, I don't have a chance at winning. This is only my 2nd sale on eBay, and probably my last!

Login to Me Too
118 REPLIES 118

Temp20230601I
Contributor
Contributor

I completely agree, they dont do any "reviewing".  I asked my buyer for photos of the "damaged" items and she ignored it and simply escalated to a claim.  She knew what would happen!  When she won, I called paypal to ask how this decision was reached, and was basically told that their system isnt set up to receive photo's to support a claim  and probably wouldnt because of alterations that could be made with photoshop. They told me that they just try to get the item (regardless of issue) back to the seller and money back to the buyer  because if they decide in the seller's favor, then the buyer can go to their credit card company for the money to be refunded.  Paypal doesnt want to deal with this, so it really doesnt matter what you put in your description, we will always be at the mercy of the buyers.  Occasionally we all have to deal with a "nut job" once in awhile!

Login to Me Too

Contributor
Contributor

I sent pictures that my buyer sent me... so guess they didn't even look at them. Nothing showed in the pictures. I have a five more days to go. We shall see.    The new ebay process doesn't sound a bit different to me.  Good faith... yeah right.  Like they are going to say they had buyers remorse...  not much of a policy... and what about the return policy they make us post now... it doesn't matter?

Login to Me Too

gojogoodies
Contributor
Contributor

Wow! I thought I was the only seller that was being taken advantage of.  One of my buyers said one of the several items in the package was damaged, so I simply asked for a photo of the damage before refunding.  She freaked out and said that I "deliberately" sent it broken, and that she paid too much for insurance and that she wasn't going to go through all the trouble of emailing a photo that would cost $1.00 (?) and that was the last straw, so she never sent proof of breakage (because it wasn't broken) and trashed me in the Feedback.  I had two more like her, and now I don't sell anymore because my rating went from 100% to 97%.  All this over a $10.00 sale??????????

Americans should be ashamed of themselves acting in this fashion.

Login to Me Too

Lovethebluesman
Contributor
Contributor

I can fully agree with you as this has been on going with me also. Good luck and I agree with everything you have said.

Also to add injury to insult all the scam buyers are coming out to extort the new buyer protection program. Paypal employees make a decision on all the cases. The Paypal people are not judges or lawyers just people that are employed by Paypal. Example: Buyer refunded for purchase through Paypal refund after 10 days. Day 59 buyer submits charge back to credit card company. Effect: Paypal freezes funds for 30days until chargeback resolved with thief's credit card company even thou proof is sent that buyer was a thief. It goes on and on and on. Paypal is looking for every possible way to hold your money. Also your credit card must be given to Paypal so they can refund money based on no proof and complaints from buyer who never sent merchandise back to seller. They thought that they didn't have to. I  have lost over $2000.00 from the above cases over 7 years. 

Lately, Some of the refunds made by Paypal I had no idea a dispute was filed by a buyer. Buyer got merchandise plus refund, Wow what a way to go!!

I can write a book on my Paypal losses, they will read this in China and figure out a way to boot my **bleep** off Paypal.  I doubt if I will ever get my money for my merchandise that I sold. I will just be poor now, because I sure want make much money on Ebay anymore, it has turned into and administrative nightmare. putting up with all this crap and proving to Ebay/Paypal that you are an honest seller and just let you sell and get your money not theirs. I hope and pray that Paypal and Ebay get the **bleep** sued out of them for the way they have treated sellers. But of course their lawyers a rich **bleep** too!! I has been a downhill road for Ebay sellers indeed. I do not need this crap anymore, so kick me off you Beavis and Butthead.

Another complaint, Ebay/Paypal has a lot of rules in their policies. Everheard of the Gastapo! Paypay sure is not the Oldtime American Way of doing business. Your little Mom and Pop Business of the Past is gone forever. This is Big Business and they will squeeze every penny they can out of you. Believe Me!!

My brother is an international lawyer and ex Judge and he feels that PayPal's decisions involving other people money is illegal and will be ruled on as so in class action lawsuits, so enjoy it now PayPay because your operation will be changing very soon. Ever heard of the Mafia,s business policy that generate a lot of money!! Interesting indeed!!

Login to Me Too

DJCHUCK50
Contributor
Contributor

I WOULD LIKE TO SUBMIT THIS PROPOSAL...IF YOU HAVE A BUYERS DISPUTES OF ANY KIND JUST HAVE THE BUYER RETURN TOTHE MERCHANDISE TO THE PAY PAL CENTER FOR INSPECTION, THEN IN THE MEAN TIME THE MONEY WILL NOT BE HELD UP AND IF THE CAUSE OF THE PROBLEM IS THE BUYER THEN THE BUYER PAYS ALL COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH THE DISPUTE.....FURTHERMORE IF A BUYER HAS A DISPUTE AND THE SELLER RETURNS HIS MONEY AS A REFUND...AND 9 TIMES OUT OF TEN THE BUYER DID NOT RETURN THE ITEMS BOUGHT HE OR SHE SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO LEAVE FEEDBACK BECAUSE THIS WAS NOT A COMPLETED TRANSACTION......SOMETIMES THE BUYER'S IS WRONG TOO.......ALL THE DISPUTES I HAVE HAD WITH CUSTOMERS I JUST GIVE THEM BACK THEIR MONEY AND GO ON ABOUT MY BUSINESS BECAUSE IN THE LONG RUN YOU WILL MAKE MORE THAN YOU WILL LOSE....

Login to Me Too

keycellular
New Community Member

Well get this guys and gals. First of all I had a customer of from Ebay buy some cell phone batteries used and new a lot of 37 for $16.50. Now I have already lost money they receive the package and then email me saying they got an empty envelope. (a padded one at that). So they told me they would have to put a claim in through paypal for item not as described. I was like do what you will but I have tracking info. So it went to a claim to pay pal 24 hours later paypal sided with the buyer. For item not as described. Ok thats not it so they got the batteries and got there money back i am out the $16.50 plus $6 for shipping these things. I write to paypal and call them they say we are sorry there is nothing can be done. I explain to them that this person closed there ebay account and paypal account the got a refund on a dif. account come on please. Then yesterday they freeze my account and they said it was attached to another account that owed money. It took me 6 hours back and forward on the phone with them for them to clear my account. But I bet if I was from another country they would have never done it. They are getting really bad now they have all my payments from ebay in pending statis. They are getting to be a joke and not only is Ebay going to lose money but paypal as well what happened to seller protection what they have some dumb D**K that cant read english working in the office now.

Login to Me Too

Contributor
Contributor

What a deal huh?

I can happily report that I finally received my money from the buyer no less. PayPal gave her an ultimatum, pay or they would pay and get it from her.  Unhappy camper she is. Haven't checked my feedback, but if she still can leave feedback, bet it is a big -, but that is okay. 

It took awhile, but it did finally work out. I am still unhappy with the way it was held, and I am still not satisfied that it is the end of it.  I expect something else out of her, in some form. 

The system they use truly **bleep** and the only reason I got it is because she did give them a phony tracking number, and paypal told her to do it she said. And when they closed it on that, guess they figured they have enough problems already....

Again, let's rally behind someone else, Bonanzle may be a good place to start.  And freeform users, you can use it for your listings on Bonanzle.  Free listings!  Why wait.  Let's make a statement!

Login to Me Too

Fangster
Contributor
Contributor

One buyer opened a dispute claiming that the item is not as described. Although I don't agree with her, to solve the problem, I don't mind refunding her the money as long as she ships the item back. Should I issue a refund now to close the dispute? But I am afraid that I won't receive the item... Will the Paypal process the refund as soon as I issue it or Paypal will wait until the buyer sends back the item?

Thank you very much for your help.

Login to Me Too

jlerch
Contributor
Contributor

WHAT ABOUT SELLER PROTECTION? THIS IS SUCH A BUNCH OF BUNK!!  SOMEONE PURCHASED A VERY EXPENSIVE COACH HANDBAG FROM ME AND THE SAME DAY SHE RECEIVED IT SHE FILED A PAYPAL RESOLUTION SAYING THAT IT WAS USED & DAMAGED! PAYPAL HAS RULED IN HER FAVOR, SHE GETS HER MONEY BACK, BUT WHAT WILL I GET? A DAMAGED BAG? WHO KNOWS WHAT THE CRAZIES WILL DO! THIS BAG WAS NEW WITHOUT TAGS WHEN IT LEFT MY HOME!!!! I'M GUESSING THAT IT WAS THE WRONG SIZE OR SHE JUST CHANGED HER MIND, WHO KNOWS SHE WAS A COMPLAINER FROM DAY ONE, SHE COMPLAINED ABOUT MY SHIPPING BEING TOO HIGH SO I BOUGHT HER $20 IN FREEBIES AND INCLUDED IT WITH THE HANDBAG AND THE SHIPPING WAS ONLY $2 DIFFERENCE FROM WHAT I CHARGED. I'M LEFT WITH A LOSS BECAUSE I'M A NICE PERSON.

SO NOW I'M CONCERNED THAT MY HANDBAG WILL BE RETURNED TO ME DAMAGED AND WHAT CAN I DO ABOUT IT? AND I'VE ALWAYS BEEN A+LISTER WITH 100% SCORING BUT NOW THIS LYING WOMAN HAS SLANDERED MY NAME AND MY SCORE HAS WENT DOWN AND I HAVE HER VERY NEGATIVE COMMENT ON MY PAGE! I AM JUST ABOUT READY TO DELETE MY EBAY & PAYPAL ACCOUNTS. THIS IS SUCH BS!!! THERE NEEDS TO BE MORE PROTECTION FOR SELLERS!

Login to Me Too

LYLAA
Contributor
Contributor

Thats the difference between serious buyers and sellers.We need GOOD LUCK AND THE TRUE.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.