buyer disputes

Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

My buyer is claiming "not as described". Claiming damage that wasn't there when shipped. I'll give him a full refund just to get out of it even though I stated "no refunds accepted" in my listing. I'm thinking that he's going to return different items to me and keep mine. My question is- when will PayPal refund his money? Will they wait until I get the items back (in same condition that they were shipped in) or when he provides a tracking #. Also, he IS responsible for the return shipping costs, correct?? From reading other experiences on this site, it sounds like as a seller, I don't have a chance at winning. This is only my 2nd sale on eBay, and probably my last!

Login to Me Too
118 REPLIES 118

Contributor
Contributor

My experience was that she escalated the case right before it was to close. Then it takes another 20 ro 30 days. Then sent a phony tracking number, that PayPal didn't even notice... I mean all zeros, that would throw up a roadblock if I were reviewing it! Go into the case and read what it says, but I believe if she doesn't escalate it the case expires and nothing happens. Your money is released. You can call them and they will be very nice to you, and promise you the world and really understand your frustration.  If you escalate it or the buyer does, it will prolong it. I am still waiting from a sale made in November. This system is horriffic. Sellers have no protection, just the word of the buyer, meanwhile, we are out our products, usually just as we described them, or we would be out of business. We don't have our money either. You can't satisfy a lot of people. However I think there are more cases of let me get all I can. If I complain, maybe I can have two of these and sell one myself or have my friend sell it for me.  That is the mentality I get from it all.  I sold a 7 pc bridal accessory set that was brand new. Have sold a number of these. Never a complaint on any of them. So out of the set, let's see, the garter had discoloration on the little hearts on it.  Hmm... that is an item she can use two of, either for both legs, or hey can toss one and keep the other one.  Then the other item was a set of champagne glasses... hmmm we can have a set for the best man and maid of honor.... don't need two guest books or pen sets... and we are only having one flower girl and ring bearer, so lets get the other items we can use. I should never have sent her the replacements. I should have got them back and forgot about it right then. She would have had to send them back for a refund.  Meanwhile because she sent an all zero tracking number and PayPal neglected to notice that, human error of course, She has the money and she has the product.  How can I win in this one. It is on appeal and I still have to wait. They say they will reimburse me if she doesn't pay me, as it was their mistake. Somehow, I am not real comfortable with that, but live and learn. I am looking for other options... of course, ebay is in control again I guess, but they are one and the same... maybe they will come up with something better, but this idea was the worst one yet.  And we can't even leave negative feedback for scumbags that rip us off. But oh they can say we took too long, if it is a day beyond their idea of how long it should take, or it was a number of shoddy reasons, or because they just have buyers remorse.  What to do... well ebay didn't start out big, they got people as they went along... the name was catchy and people fell into it. Bonanzle is a fairly new site I have started listing on. I suppose it will take awhile, but if we don't all start listing somewhere else and get another site going, we are stuck with ebay.  Think about trying them.  Let's rally together.  We don't have to quit ebay yet. We can use both and as we are selling there we can be buying there too.  Will build their site. And it is free to list and the fees when something sells are about 30% less or around that.  Check it out and we all need to make a statement to ebay and paypal.   

Login to Me Too

Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the "heads up" on BONAZLE!  I'll check it out, and also spread the word!!  **bleep** ebay!!

Login to Me Too

Contributor
Contributor

ebay had to start somewhere to get as big as they are.  Bonanzle could be just as successful, just a bunch of us going another route and helping a business that is interested in helping us! All it takes! Good luck to you!

Login to Me Too

Contributor
Contributor

Correction--  the correct spelling is   BONANZLE.   Everyone check it out!  List for FREE!!

Login to Me Too

Contributor
Contributor

oops! sorry I left that N out!  But check it out and lets swing our support that way!

Login to Me Too

gojogoodies
Contributor
Contributor

I agree and thank you for that site.  I was ripped off as a seller to many times by PayPal and Ebay.  There is no justice for sellers?

Login to Me Too

safarigirl64
Contributor
Contributor

I have a good rating and I haven't had any problems with higher rated buyers its the LOWER rated ones- they CAN"T read and they can't spell or type in English.

I too post that they should ask PRIOR to bidding have had 2 open cases in the last 3 months and I am fed up with it! I will not sell anymore because Ebay and PayPal  seem to get you side of it and totally ignore what you have said to defend yourself. Smiley Mad your side and let the buyers also leave NEG feedback but the seller can't- how fair is that?!!!

Also, I put as much in my descriptions as possible and get stupid questions anyway(the answer is right in the listing) duh! It's frustrating trying to sell,have low rated buyers try to either scam or complain:it took too long to get here" after they chose parcel post.

GRRRR!! I give up!

Login to Me Too

snowbrat

you pretty much are **bleep**ed. Paypal will refund his money no matter if you have no refunds stated in your listing...I know..so much for buyer or seller protection....

Login to Me Too

Wabey
Contributor
Contributor

The seller agrees that she sent me a putride garment, should she also refund my postage for returning the shirt? She writes:

Note from seller
so sorry, would never had listed if I saw this -it's nasty & throwing away right now & refunding 10.75- hope good feed back from you- I am usually very careful in listing but you're right- that shirt was awful!

Login to Me Too

1369roy
New Community Member

THE BUYER WANTS ARE RE-FUND HIS MONEY. DO I ACCOMPLISH THIS;

ROY 

@Macorichi wrote:

Ok, a buyer recently purchased a college text book from me. He realized after I shipped it and he paid that he needed software with the book and mine did not come with it. He then demanded a refund. I told him that all sales were final, this was stated in the listing, and nowhere in the listing did it say the book came with the software. So he opens a dispute and says the item was not as described. Now I put the link and everything into the chat message box and I know he doesn't have the right to a refund. Now this was opened on the 23rd of december, he has stopped answering me and has not closed te dispute. After the 20 days will I get my money back if he doesnt act? or will he be refunded the money If I dont upgrade it to a paypal claim. Or can I just let the time run out and the dispute will close and the money for the book will be returned to me. Thanks for all your help and time reading this!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.