buyer disputes

Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

My buyer is claiming "not as described". Claiming damage that wasn't there when shipped. I'll give him a full refund just to get out of it even though I stated "no refunds accepted" in my listing. I'm thinking that he's going to return different items to me and keep mine. My question is- when will PayPal refund his money? Will they wait until I get the items back (in same condition that they were shipped in) or when he provides a tracking #. Also, he IS responsible for the return shipping costs, correct?? From reading other experiences on this site, it sounds like as a seller, I don't have a chance at winning. This is only my 2nd sale on eBay, and probably my last!

Login to Me Too
118 REPLIES 118

safarigirl64
Contributor
Contributor

Well once again I was **bleep**ed-this time by EBAY-they totally refunded a buyer the FULL amount and then this is the worst part to me but they LET THE BUYER leave ME Neg. feedback.!

I asked for a retraction but I know the buyer won't retract. All over a $8 transaction. The kicker.. ebay says neither of us was at fault!

I can't leave negative feedback as a seller BUT the buyer has all the power to leave a Negative.

They lie about getting their merchandise and complain it takes too long or the postage is too high and on and on... SO DON'T BID OR BUY..incredible because most of them DON"T read your disclaimer in full. What else more does a seller have to do to protect theirself??? My disclaimer is longer than my listing now and makes me look bitchy to boot.Woman Mad

This has hurt my ratings. I NO LONGER will sell to these moronic,illiterate people with a low buyer rating and have to cover my butt with every word I right.My rating? 512 Theirs? 11 how fair is this?!!!

The buyer also wanted me suspended!!!!!

Insurance or no PAYPAL and EBAY are the same when it comes to their "policies".

Login to Me Too

grangeranger
Contributor
Contributor

These are not policy, they are proclamations

Just remember you are always wrong and the buyer is a victim and the pal bay is always rightSmiley Wink

Login to Me Too

gojogoodies
Contributor
Contributor

Ditto, Safarigirl64.  I was a new seller with 100% rating selling used items from my mom's estate.  Many buyers complained about the items, so I thought to myself...then go to Macy's and buy it new with tax and 100% warranty.  Its an au ction people!  A live auction sells everything as is with no refunds.  No one seemed to read my descriptions....and mine were long and detailed as well as numerous photos.  Most items sold between $5-$20.  One buyer didn't like the color (I had photos of it!), one said that they didn't like the wrapping even though it got there without breaking, another said I deliberately didn't send the key to a wind up clock and opened an international case after he had asked me to illegally fill out the customs form, and another said it was greasy (I had washed the doll before listing).  Paypal and eBay should not allow negative input from buyers if they first don't try to work it out with the seller.  I would have given every unhappy person a refund despite they being wrong, just to keep my high rating.  (It's like they can blackmail us!)  One gal said it was broken so I offered a refund if she sent me a photo of the breakage.  She flipped out and said she would not waste her time and then slandered me saying I wouldn't work out an amicable result.  Anyhow, the point is that the system is broke because I have a low rating due to a few low class folks.  By the way, I reported the Canadian for asking to falsify the customs form after he started acting out. 

Login to Me Too

XULKE

Which is often contrary to the terms of the transaction in the listing.  PayPal Buyer Protection is a joke - an extortion racket to tax sellers.

Login to Me Too

Temp20230601I
Contributor
Contributor

Hey, Im going through the same thing.  My buyer had the necklace for three days before filing the claim, but says she just rec'd it. She claims also that the item is "not as described", that the beads and silver charms are scratched! I also have a disclaimer in the listing that tells you to ask all questions prior to bidding that all sales are final.  What a joke, she apparently changed her mind or whatever and I am expected to "roll over" and either refund in full or discount her just to get it resolved!  Whats the point of stating that in the listing if they dont have to abide by it? I did post a message, asking her to send me a photo of the scratches, but knowing there werent any visible, Im afraid she will scratch them and then take the photo, and then I get back a damaged item! I also looked at her feedback to see what kind of person she might be...she left a neg. feedback this same week for an item not being in the envelope she rec'd, and most of her other comments are only "Rec'd", what kind of feedback is that? I guess eventually we all run into these kind......Any ideas?

Thanks a bunch!

Login to Me Too

Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

The only advice I have for you is to escalate to a Claim. At least you will have a slight chance in winning, from the feedback I got, PayPal usually sides with the buyer. But it's worth a try. When you are asked to state your side of the story, juice it up as best as you can and include any pics you have of the item. The worst that can happen is you will have to return the money and they will have to return your item. I lost MY case, at least the jerk didn't leave me negative feedback. I probably won't try to sell anything else on eBay, the point of eBay is to MAKE money, not LOSE money!! Good Luck with your Claim.

Login to Me Too

sally99
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Im a buyer I bought an item from china and the seller after a week i bought the item he is no longer registered from ebay. As soon as i recieved the item I opened it and it did not work so i emailed the seller who is no longer registered twice and i have no respond and so i made a claimed to paypal I send back the item the way is was when i recieved it i gave paypal the tracking number and again ask me for the same after two weeks i sent the item. Do you know how else can a buyer do to get the money back. thanks if anyone can tell me about this things.

Login to Me Too

Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

It sounds to me that you did all you can do. As long as you paid for the item with PayPal, they SHOULD cover it.

Good Luck!!

Login to Me Too

sally99
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks 1967 i hope paypal would do such things i have been **bleep**ed by a chinese seller twice and both item did not work and this is the first time i made a claimed to get my money back. I know not all of them are like that only those who are no longer registered from ebay after you won the item and paid for it. It just hard to tell which seller is honest about their product outside the U.S.

Login to Me Too

LYLAA
Contributor
Contributor

I felt disappointed when pay pal deny my dispute, I did not have the opportunity to defend my rights. I am a very responsible buyer A +. I bought to a HAPPY SELLER two mini iphones, and it s received defective.

Them back to the seller and he said that never arrived. We send a packet identification number and could not do anything. If the sellers received or not, I do not know. I sent the mini iphones to Hong Kong, and I lost my money $ 177.00 dollars with this seller. And I refused paypal dispute has been closed by a fault with the tracking number. For international shipping, you can't add tracking, just can put a registration, and that the usps not offered me. I'm outraged, I do not think the Chinese can buy, or Hong kong, what ever ...I don't want lost more money.

I think pay pal could be regarded as A + buyer that I am.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.