block withdrawels

whitelion
Contributor
Contributor

I paid for a membership subscription to a site for one month.  And they are continuing to withdraw money from my paypal account.  I made a claim to paypal explaining I didn't authorize other payments to that site.  They investigated, and because of some legal wording even if i just pay for one, they can continue to take money out unless I cancel.  There is no area on the site to cancel.  I want to know how I can block payments to the adress. 

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

whitelion
Contributor
Contributor

nevermind i figured it out.

Login to Me Too

ionltd
Contributor
Contributor

I'd like to know how you blocked a withdrawal from a specific company

I need to do the same thing

Thanks

Login to Me Too

Debwillow
New Community Member

Did you get this answered? I need to do the same thing but can not find way to do it....

Login to Me Too

margaretannmcfa
New Community Member

Can you tell me how you did it?

Login to Me Too

ionltd
Contributor
Contributor

The only way it could be done was to report the card lost and reapply for a new card.  It was a PIA and had to wait 2 weeks for the new card, but now that it's done it was worth it

Login to Me Too

lianda
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the problem with cancelling a subscription and I see no button for cancellation nor a way to contact PayPal. How can I contact paypal or what did you learn about cabcellation buttons

Login to Me Too

dtc
Contributor
Contributor

Is there another wayto block a merchant from automatically debiting your paypal account other than canceling your credit card or getting a different paypal account? Emusic won't leave me alone. Their music is old stuff and I have been supporting them with 11.99 for waaay too long. I cancel their account and it revives. All be warned, the free stuff isn't worth it.

Login to Me Too

Amanda411

Hi All,

You can cancel your subscription through your PayPal History page. Here's how:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click the "My Account" tab.
  3. Click the "History" subtab.
  4. Click "More filters", select "Subscriptions and agreements", and then click "Subscriptions".
  5. Change the date back to the year the subscription was created, and then click "Show".
  6. Click "Details" next to the subscription.
  7. Click "Cancel Subscription".

Here's more information:

• If you need a refund for your subscription, please contact the seller or service.
  • You must cancel the subscription at least one day before the scheduled date of the next payment to avoid a charge.
  • If you cancel a subscription on the day of a scheduled payment, the payment might still be sent.

Amanda

Login to Me Too

ionltd
Contributor
Contributor

But if the withdrawal you're attempting to block isn't listed with Paypal as a subscription, then this won't work, right?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.