bid fun website

bullhead_billy
New Community Member

has anyone used bid fun? i went there from e-bay and i guess i was sort of dumb but it costs $1.00 per bid just to place a bid and its NON REFUNDABLE! seems to me that its nothing but a scam website. in my opinion pay pal should cut all ties with website. i would be interested in hearing from anyone who has done bidding there . thanks for any comments !

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

zeljes
New Community Member

Hi,

I have just used fun bid for the first time if your lucky enough you can get a bargain if  not it can cost you hundreds

I have just lost £40 but never again , each item that is sold the site makes huge profits for example wii console

sold for £71.94 so for each penny bid they make .50p therefore 7194 * .50p = £3597 + 71.94 = £3668.94 therefore

on that sale alone they made a profit of £3518.94 after deducting the retail cost of £150 which is scandalous

but if your lucky enough to win a bid then it is value, the big question is  how do we know that there is not any false bidders on their site.

Login to Me Too

EzMrcz
Contributor
Contributor

@bullhead:

I have been checking out BidFun for a couple of days now, and the fact is the site is ingenious.  Ingenious like Hitler is infamous.  The concept, from a design standpoint is brilliant.

As a bidder, you could potentially walk away with a great deal.  The concept works as such:

Bidders buy bids in packages with the cheapest one being 20 bids for 20 bucks.

Next the bidders are unleashed into the live auction arena where they are free to distribute their 20 bids as they see fit.  Each bid increases the buy amount by one cent, and here's the kicker - increases the auction time by 20 seconds to give other bidders a chance to respond.

This set up leads to A) An early separation from your cash, replaced with a tasty green Bid button

and

B) Potentially spending out your bottom going for an item only to be outbid by someone else, losing every dollar you spent in the process

or

C) Placing a winning bid and getting an item for extremely cheap

In my case, I tried to play it smarter than most, I would assume, and managed to snag a 16GB USB Flash Drive that retails for $90.  My cost: .26 cents! (Plus 8 dollars spent in the bidding process).  Not a bad deal.

Overall, it is like most gambling set-ups and you will lose WAY more often than you walk away a winner, and in this case that means losing a lot of money!

To put the other repliers comment into American dollars so that other interested PayPal community members can get a feel for just how much cash this website is raking in:

A Nintendo Wii for example will sell anywhere from 12.00 to 27.00 dollars.  For this to occur it means that 2700 individual bids have to have been placed.  That's 2,700 dollars.  Cash money in the bank.

I sure would like to be on the other end of this operation, but for now, I will be happy with my Flash drive and consider this experience a success.

One thing to remember with every scam ever pulled throughout all of history there has been one common denominator and that has been the SUCKER.  Don't be a sucker, and you won't get scammed.

Happy bidding! 

Login to Me Too

Aliboba
New Community Member

@EzMrcz

So did you actually recieve the item in the mail?

Login to Me Too

EzMrcz
Contributor
Contributor

@Aliboba

Yes, actually I just received the item in the mail a couple of days ago.

And that is what solidified this concept as incredibly clever, and unfortunately, not very friendly to the people who participate.

I have since closed my bidFun account, and really will not participate in any penny auction sites.

The item I won can via Amazon.com!!!  A regular order placed by the owner of BidFun and sent to me.  He just orders the prizes off of Amazon, and makes a TON of cash.  He has no inventory, no warehousing costs, no anything!  He just sits at his computer and orders the prizes from Amazon and ships them to the winner?

How can this work?  I paid .29 cents for my $40 flash drive??  Who cares?  He made $4000 dollars off of a Nintendo Wii that someone is getting for $40!

This guys' raking in the cash, and there are WAY WAY WAY more losers on that site than winners!

But yes, I did get my item.  I was just shocked to see how simple it really all is once its broken down.  I might start a penny auction site myself lol!!!  Beezid was another one, and they function in a similar way I'm guessing but they even had Ford Mustangs up for auction there lol.

Hope this helps Aliboba.

Login to Me Too

zacblack
New Community Member

If you are STILL wondering about "Beezid.com" YES it is a SCAM, I have done a lot of research on this "out of country" auction site, most people will tell you it is a scam, don't let the owner AKA "customers" fool you, there is a very easy way to tell their auction is run by "bots", I had track many of them, a lot of time you will see the winning bidder keep out bidding them self and keep the auction going for hours! Are you kidding me?? There's no way hundred of people are out bidding them self everyday! The good thing you hear is employee post as "customer" trying to tell you they are good, but if you check their user names, all they do is say good thing about "Beezid" over and over again, are you kidding me, they are so easy to spot, there was one guy going by the name of "Marty" saying good things about "Beezid" on many blog, come on now! Too lazy even to change you fake name lol, save your money foks, IT IS A SCAM! Wonder no more!

Take care now, and stay away from scamers!

Login to Me Too

zacblack
New Community Member

If you are STILL wondering about "Beezid.com" YES it is a SCAM, I have done a lot of research on this "out of country" auction site, most people will tell you it is a scam, don't let the owner AKA "customers" fool you, there is a very easy way to tell their auction is run by "bots", I had track many of them, a lot of time you will see the winning bidder keep out bidding them self and keep the auction going for hours! Are you kidding me?? There's no way hundred of people are out bidding them self everyday! The good thing you hear is employee post as "customer" trying to tell you they are good, but if you check their user names, all they do is say good thing about "Beezid" over and over again, are you kidding me, they are so easy to spot, there was one guy going by the name of "Marty" saying good things about "Beezid" on many blog, come on now! Too lazy even to change you fake name lol, save your money foks, IT IS A SCAM! Wonder no more!

Take care now, and stay away from scamers!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.