adding an international address to my account

aleangelucci
New Community Member

Well, it looks like this was possible in a recent past, but not anymore... I live in São Paulo, Brazil. I'm trying to buy this item in ebay. The seller resides in Rowland Heights, California. My brother is staying in LA until Tuesday. The seller claims he can't send the item to a unverified address, despite my brother is staying less than 20 miles from him...

I understand the seller's policy of not delivering to an unverified mail address, but I really don't understand this Paypal policy. I mean, I can't add an international address (gift or whatever) to my account, but I can add a domestic one (all Brazilian states are listed)... Why? If anyone wanted to commit fraud (not my case, obviously), what's the difference of giving an international address or a domestic address?!?

So, the item costs US$75. I could order the shipping to Culver City in LA where my brother's staying, roughly 20 miles away from where the seller is (and I would have the item in my hands, delivered by my brother, by Wednesday), but because of this policy, I will have to pay US$45 just for the shipping of a US$ 75 item (totaling US$120) and still run the risk of Brazilian Customs Authority confiscating the item... Thanks PayPal... You're real "Pals"!!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.