adding a shipping address in canada

Nik
New Community Member

i have my shipping address in maine right now but i moved to canada and i am trying to order something now, but i cant enter a shipping address outside of the us, how can i do this?

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

jkimball11111
New Community Member

jkimball11111
New Community Member

I am also in Canada on a 2-3 year assignment. Moved from New york. Same issue as above.

Sandy, we only have ONE address.  We can only live in ONE place at a time!

All my USD credit cards, bank accounts, and investment plans  use that one address.

All my Chinese credit cards, bank accounts use that one address.

All my new Canadian bank accounts, credit cards use that one address.

I have just changed or updated 21 address (incl frequent fliers, hotel firms, banks, loans, health care, ebay...) and ONLY paypal and amercian express does not allow this - I had to call  Amex to get it changed (5 minutes).

So that leaves ONLY paypal!?! 

Yes, I want to buy something using my USD credit card (which I will then pay with my USD bank, online) and have it shipped to my ONE address. For the rest of the world, this is simple. For Paypal - simply unheard of.

*shrug* I'll let sellers know the issue, I guess paying with paypal is out for the next few years ..... 

Login to Me Too

marktucker
New Community Member

I have a related question: I am selling a camera to someone who lives in Canada. I live in the USA. The recipient in Canada has a PayPal account and a confirmed address. If I ship this camera to him, and he pays me via PayPal, will I sacrifice any Coverage since I'm in the USA and he is in Canada? Thank you.

Login to Me Too

xichael
New Community Member

I'm in the same situation. I'm currently living in Canada, but my bank is in the US. What are we supposed to do, PayPal? Please remove this ridiculous and needless limitation. It's a HUGE problem for lots of people.

Login to Me Too

gevaltech

I just found this Forum when I in frustration looked for ways to also add a Canadian shipping address.  It all started when PayPal suddenly didn't allow me to update my Discover Card at my Canadian address.... even though I've had one for over 10 years!   So I had to set it up at an US address.  But now I can't add my Canadian address even as a gift address for shipping.  This is beyond absurd.

Login to Me Too

CableDawg
Contributor
Contributor

The odd thing is I can charge any CC from any country I want in Virtual Terminal though a potential customer cannot order a product on my website from Canada ? I ship to Canada all the time, ship cost is always separate from the duties tax/custom fees....So why would this be an issue ? ......I advertise on Google and they let us choose what country we wish to have our ads show..Its not rocket science.I  assumption is there is underlying legal issues that prohibits PayPal from allowing this

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.