adding a shipping address in canada

Nik
New Community Member

i have my shipping address in maine right now but i moved to canada and i am trying to order something now, but i cant enter a shipping address outside of the us, how can i do this?

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

Amanda411

Hi Nik,

It is not possible to add an foreign address to your PayPal account within PayPal. You can open a new account with your Canadian address and Canadian financial information.

Amanda

Login to Me Too

Derek-up-North
Contributor
Contributor

Well, I'm afraid that the concept of my having to open a bank account in Canada and opening a new 'Canadian' Paypal account just so that I can have an Ebay purchase from a Canadian Seller shipped directly to my son who lives in Canada is rediculous!! I can confirm any number of US Paypal addresses by mail. Why not a Canadian one? Or any other country? Does it make any sense to have it shipped from Canada to me in the US and then me turn around and ship it back to Canada? Twice the International shipping, twice the duty, twice the Customs Broker fees and twice (if not MUCH more) the shipping time.

@PayPal_Amanda wrote:

Hi Nik,

It is not possible to add an foreign address to your PayPal account within PayPal. You can open a new account with your Canadian address and Canadian financial information.

Amanda

Login to Me Too

Ryan
Contributor
Contributor

Just ran into this problem myself. Purchased a gift certificate from a restaurant in the UK via PayPal (only method of online payment offered) as a gift for a relative living there and wanted to send it directly to their UK address. Can't do it. I'll have to contact the restaurant and make sure they ship to the address in the special instructions and not all the way over the pond to my U.S. address. This restaurant is 2 miles from said relative's residence and PayPal won't let me instruct them to mail it there. What a joke, how hard can it be to fix this PayPal?

Login to Me Too

zyodei
New Community Member

I agree, this is a joke.

I live in South Korea. My primary bank is in America. I bet there are many people in the world with a similar situation. How hard can this be for PayPa to figure out?

Instead of trying to do so, for instance directing us to call in, confirm our identities to add a foreign mailing address, PayPal's response is two simple words: "F*** You."

I run an ecommerce site, using PayPal as my only payment processor. Seeing this from the other side, from the customer's side, has made me decide to finally make the leap and start shopping around for another payment processor.

On a side note, this is a relatively new change: I have been able to ship to S. Korea before, but now those addresses are greyed out.

Login to Me Too

YossiD
Contributor
Contributor

Why not?

This policy is bad for buyers, sellers, and PayPal. Please explain the logic behind it. And if there isn't any, please advise the powers that be that it's time for this policy to be changed.

@PayPal_Amanda wrote:

Hi Nik,

It is not possible to add an foreign address to your PayPal account within PayPal.

Login to Me Too

mystic-heart
Contributor
Contributor

This is just sad. There's something called NAFTA.  Something simple such as a shipping address in Canada should be possible no matter which site is used.  We aren't talking about Europe here.  I'm in the same predicament.  I can't open a Canadian bank account at this time, but need to ship something that only takes PayPal payment.  That's just crazy!  Thanks for your answer, administrator, but it is a majorly disappointing one.

Login to Me Too

Cavan
New Community Member

I travel a lot. I mean a lot!

What really burns my butt, is that I purchase from vendors that offer FREE drop shipping to ANY address in the world.Great for sending gifts, or getting something I buy de;livered to me WHEREVER I am currently.

But I cannot add an alternate or a gifting address to my account info, because it will NOT accept a Canadian Province or a Canadian Postal Code.

Also, many vendors which accept  PayPal for payment, will only ship to the established PayPal address of record. So, if I am in Canada working, which I am now, everything I purchased  using PayPal is sent to my address in the US. And, I am currently not there.

Don't ya just love modern convienence. It's like a being offered a free vacation cruise, but you have to take your parents with you, and the cruise ship only sails from one end of your driveway to the other.

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Cavan, A couple possible solutions...

1) Add a relative's or friend's USA shipping address to your USA PayPal account and have the items shipped to that address, or...

2) Open a Canadian PayPal account and have the items shipped to your Canadian address.

How does this work when you order items from other internet sites?

Do they accept your USA credit card payment and then ship to an address in a ompletely different country?

Login to Me Too

mystic-heart
Contributor
Contributor

Other sites would ship to Canada while maintaining an American account.  Paypal does not allow you to have your same bank account or credit cards be on two different paypal accounts.  This is ludicrous.  And, having the items shipped to a friend who then ships it to you costs money - a lot of money for international from a private party.  The developers for PayPal should add the International module to the alternate shipping address area of our accounts.  That would solve this block quite a few of us are experiencing.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.