You can use the Walmart Prepaid Visa to confirm a bank account and fund your Paypal!

x2wolverine
Contributor
Contributor

This is apparently Walmart's dirty little secret they do not want us to know about these cards. Each one of you who owns one has a direct deposit number associated with your card. The transit and routing numbers are in the same format as a bank account. Just enter what is in the routing and transit numbers and wait for PayPal to deposit random funds into your account. They usually appear the next day after the transfer is complete. 

Of course, once you see your random deposits you can then verify it. 

Another thing, once you are verified, its time to get into reverse gear! Well... almost. You see you can also use this direct deposit number to debit your Visa Moneycard account to fund your PayPal.

USE THIS FEATURE RESPONSIBLY! While the funding happens immediately, you will not see a Funding Debit transaction on your card until the next day. If you misuse this feature, you could end up with a negative PayPal or Visa Card balance and well... who knows what will happen after that.

Thanks for reading everyone, I hope this allows those with Walmart Visas to get the most out of them when using PayPal. 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Could you give me some direction on where I would find the numbers that would be used for the bank routing and checking numbers?  Thanks.

Login to Me Too

XxTripleBeamxX
New Community Member

Yes I too would like to know how to get the bank and routing number. I am unable to add the card to my acount, I get the error saying that my bank is rejecting it.

Login to Me Too

x2wolverine
Contributor
Contributor

I apologize for the late response you two. 

You have to get started by logging into http://www.walmartmoneycard.com 

In the drop down menus in your account, there should be an option for Direct Deposit.

Find the routing and transit numbers , and copy and paste them into your fields on the Paypal Bank info form in your Paypal Account. If you done this correctly, you should see GE Money Bank appear as the provider, and Paypal will deposit 2 amounts into your account via direct deposit.

This usually takes 2 to 3 days to appear in your Money Card Balance however.

Please use direct deposit wisely however GE MONEY BANK actively monitors all accounts for numerous factors , such as a large amount of direct deposits in one month, or large amounts of money other then what you are allowed to load into your card in one day etc..

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.