Why is funds is still on hold ? after they rec. item

lisasebay
Contributor
Contributor

I paid 38.00 out of my pocket to ship an item to spain they got it in 5 days and left feedback ( Postive ) and they still had a hold on my funds for 21 days ??? whats the deal Pay pal drawing interest on are money while we struggle to get the item to them ????

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

When was the feedback left.  Holds are usually released with 48 hours  after feedback was left.

You can call Paypal and see if they can release it now

Login to Me Too

lisasebay
Contributor
Contributor

Feedback Was Left By Both Of Us Within 5 Days Soon As he Rec. It And Pay Pal Still Held The Money Until Today 21 Days Total I Tried To Email Them With No Answer Lisa 🙂

Login to Me Too

daisy
Contributor
Contributor

HI, I STILL HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM,I TRANSFERED MONEY 1WK AGO AND STILL PROCESSING???? BANK CLEARED IT . DOES PAY PAL REALIZE ITS OUR MONEY???

Login to Me Too

mwregal

Good question about the interest PayPal is getting on lord only knows how much money they indiscriminately place on hold for 21 days for no good reason.   I believe PayPal should post the information on profits they receive in interest on their site in such a way to make it easily accessible to anyone who is interested.  Maybe we should get the interest for borrowing PayPal money for nearly a month

Login to Me Too

Haypam

I am very disappointed with this unheard of policy to hold funds for 21 days!  What a horrible idea.  I have a 100% rating and sell and buy occasionally.  I do not feel this is appropriate, nor does it make any sense.  My item was delivered but yet no release of funds.  This is very inconvenient.  Also, there are NO real people to talk to!!! I am disillusioned by Paypal.

Login to Me Too

ColleenieMcBean
New Community Member

I am new to Pay Pay and have the same complaint already.

Login to Me Too

kuddleschnoef
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal has joined the greediness of banks and simular businesses. Shame on you...

I demanded from paypal to pay out the interest they earned on MY funds. Of course that did not go over well,

they are stating they do not earn interest...what a bunch of "whoha"....This is all a bunch of BS....

Never again, Paypal nor ebay...

Login to Me Too

mom3

I totally agree, I don't understand this process and had I known I would never sold my item on eBay.  I sold this itembecause I have a very important bill due and I didn't have all the money.  I thought if I sold this item this would help to paymy bill on time, instead I still had to borrow the rest of the money.  This is not fair, I should have just sold it to someonelocal it probably would have taken just as long to receive the money looking for a buyer, but a least I would of had my money 😞        Very disappointed

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.