Why dont the usps shipping chart show a small or flat rate box for priority mail in paypal?

Chad
Contributor
Contributor

I cant figure out how to use the online paypal usps shipping service to show a small or large flat rate box. I paid 19.50 to ship a large box which should have cost 13.50 online or 13.95 at the post office. Do I just manipulate the weight to get as close as I can to the flat rate price? I am concerned they will not deliver my package if my weight is not correct.

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

JOHNNYMO
Contributor
Contributor

I ALSO HAVE QUESTIONS REGARDING FLAT RATE PRIORITY MAIL.   One thing I do is select the flat rate

envelope option for priority mail, when I need to send something using small flat rate priority box.  The small

flat rate box is not offered, and the envelope cost the same-$4.80.  Does anyone want to comment on how

to correctly print the label for small flat rate box? 

Login to Me Too

iPhoneGuy
New Community Member

I'm wondering the same thing!!! I need to print a label for a SMALL Flat Rate Box, but the only choice given is MEDIUM!!! It's MADDENING!!! That's an extra FIVE BUCKS!!! I have to use the USPS website instead, which is SO much less convenient. Come on PAYPAL! Get with the TIMES!!!

Login to Me Too

socialitesales
Contributor
Contributor

After sorting through many posts on paypal and ebay I discovered shipping from eBay not paypal will grant you the ability to use other sized priority boxes.  You have to enable ebay shipping in your account.  I'm just now learning about it so I don't have more details but it seems to be the answer.  The shipping fees will still be deducted from your paypal account.

Login to Me Too

CrochetHooka
Contributor
Contributor

Well its not fair cause ebay is not the only business platform that uses paypal. i sent my husband to the postoffice with the small priority mail boxes and after many times of using the envelope option, he was told that they cant take the boxes any longer if they say "envelope" and not "box". im really gonna have it out with the post office and paypal if they dont change this soon!

Login to Me Too

caleast
Contributor
Contributor

I just put the item in a small flat rate box, then put the box in a flat rate envelope and mail......tape it closed to make sure it stays in.

Login to Me Too

JOHNNYMO
Contributor
Contributor

That is such a great idea.   It seems so simple, but many of us have overlooked that possibility or our post 

office has never shown us the envelope as an option. I've also started to use the envelope more often, because it actually has more room.

Often times I reinforce the envelope with my clear packing tape, because it passes through so many hands on

international shipments.

Merry Christmas!  It's Our Lord's Birthday!

God Bless You All...

Login to Me Too

imtheman

You can now choose to create your USPS shipping labels on eBay by going 
to your Selling Preferences in your My eBay account. Here's how:
  1. Log in to your eBay account and click "Account."
  2. Click "Site Preferences" and locate the Selling preferences 
section.
  3. Under Shipping preferences, click "Show."
  4. Check the "Yes" box next to: "Pay for shipping and print USPS 
labels on eBay."
  5. Click "Apply."
You'll now be able to create, print, and pay for your labels directly 
from eBay.Man Very Happy

Login to Me Too

socialitesales
Contributor
Contributor

I also have the same issue.  Is this an error on paypal's part or on USPS?

Login to Me Too

crella
New Community Member

You need to go into your ebay account, and enable ebay shipping in order to  manipulate the box size outside of paypal's standards.   It still comes out of your paypal account, and you can track it through ebay.  The setting is in your account, under  shipping preferences.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.