Why dont the usps shipping chart show a small or flat rate box for priority mail in paypal?

Chad
Contributor
Contributor

I cant figure out how to use the online paypal usps shipping service to show a small or large flat rate box. I paid 19.50 to ship a large box which should have cost 13.50 online or 13.95 at the post office. Do I just manipulate the weight to get as close as I can to the flat rate price? I am concerned they will not deliver my package if my weight is not correct.

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

Chad
Contributor
Contributor

This is the answer I was looking for. I usually just selected package/thick envelope in paypal and entered the small flat rate box dimensions and never listed the weight no more than one pound to get the $4.80 price. I feel much safer using the ebay shipping now and I just did not know it existed. The only thing wrong with ebay shipping is if the paypal address is different than the ebay address and the client wants to use the paypal confirmed address. I have one buyer with a New York ebay address and a Florida paypal address. I would double check the paypal address everytime before shipping with ebay shipping. Thank you for your post and this will save me money on the larger flat rate box option. I just want to also throw out that I have started using the 12x15 tyvek priority mail envelopes to mail tons of stuff and if you use paypal shipping I can get the cost down to $4.80 as well. It works great for shipping clothing when I enter 12x15x3 and enter the weight for 1 pound. Big savings over a medium flat rate box and will hold alot of items.

Login to Me Too

shesu2008
Contributor
Contributor

I found your information on Paypal.  Thank you so much for putting that out there.  I was sitting here scratching my head trying to figure out how to avoid going to the Post Office to ship this item using a large flat rate box.

Login to Me Too

imtheman

You can now choose to create your USPS shipping labels on eBay by going 
to your Selling Preferences in your My eBay account. Here's how:
  1. Log in to your eBay account and click "Account."
  2. Click "Site Preferences" and locate the Selling preferences 
section.
  3. Under Shipping preferences, click "Show."
  4. Check the "Yes" box next to: "Pay for shipping and print USPS 
labels on eBay."
  5. Click "Apply."
You'll now be able to create, print, and pay for your labels directly 
from eBay.

Login to Me Too

imtheman

section.
labels on eBay."
  5. Click "Apply."
from eBay.

Login to Me Too

CrochetHooka
Contributor
Contributor

here is a copy of the letter i wrote to washington dc. copy and send one too. lets get this this problem solved.

United States Postal Service

Consumer Advocate

475 L’Enfant Plaza SW, Rm. 10433

Washington DC 20260-2200

December 1, 2009

Dear Consumer Advocate;

I am having an issue with shipping small priority mailing boxes via the PayPal Website. The post office in Arverne/Rockaway Point, 11692-9997 threatened to not accept my shipments with the click n’ ship shipping labels if they say "envelope rate" instead of "box rate". I always use the envelope option on the PayPal website because as you probably know, there is no option for the small priority box on the PayPal website and it’s the same price as the small priority mailing box and my boxes have never been returned or rejected. This is now very inconvenient for my small business because on any given day my boxes can be rejected. The post office website has the option for the small priority box but the recipient's address has to be typed in by the seller and this can bring on other problems such as sending to a wrong address which can easily happen with a typo and human error. It is also very time consuming if you have to send out multiple labels! This means you have to type each label into the post office website...with potential mistakes. Not good. On the PayPal website it’s already done for the seller via the buyer entering their own correct information. I read on the PayPal website that this option is available to PayPal customers via eBay’s label option. However, eBay is not the only company that uses PayPal. I have brought my concerns to the attention of PayPal like many other PayPal users about this issue. They responded by saying that the USPS was aware of this problem already. I truly hope that this matter will be given the proper attention as swiftly as possible. After all, isn’t the post office advertising these boxes as the better way to ship? I hope this better way to ship will soon be available to not only the eBay community but to all small businesses. PayPal has millions of customers that need this service. Thanking you in advance. Sincerely,

Login to Me Too

lux

I use small box  flat rate shipping for several of my orders ... by using the" flat rate envelope" drop down choice.   It's the same price and when I asked at the post office, they said as long as the rate is the same, it's ok.  I've been doing it now for about 3 months... no problems

hope that helps ya'll

Login to Me Too

mokustatsu
Contributor
Contributor

Ebay hasn't done much to explain that they now want you to use ebay ship.  It has all the options you want, but many people are having trouble with the software locking up  Go into your preferences and check the ebay box in shipping.  Four things to remember using it.

If it locks up on TRANSFERING DATA, use REFRESH button.

Reprint label on the page bills you again even if you already paid

You must go to order detail page to reprint paid for label or to void label.

After 48 hours kiss your money goodby.

Login to Me Too

UnclePickleNose
Contributor
Contributor

This is just absurd. This is clearly a Paypal problem, NOT a USPS problem. Wake up Paypal.

Login to Me Too

imtheman

section.
labels on eBay."
  5. Click "Apply."
from eBay.

Login to Me Too

shesu2008
Contributor
Contributor

I found the information about using ebay shipping about a month ago and it worked great.  I am glad to have that information!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.