Why doesn't eBay have our backs when people stiff us for their payment! LEGAL CONTRACT... psssh.

jenelleneric
New Community Member

I hope I'm not the only one that is going through this, I'd be embarrassed. Here's the deal... Three times now people bought something from me and didn't pay. The first two times it happened to me I emailed and called eBay hoping  somehow bring some justice... Even if it meant suspending them for an hour. OR WHATEVER IT IS THAT THEY DO. But instead they said (in a polite manner that made me wanna jump through the phone)..."I'm looking at their profile now, and they don't have anything else on their record, oh and they have 100% feedback." BUT they only had 4 feedbacks!! I'm not a powerseller either but that doesn't mean that something like this would be too far fetched?? EH?Smiley Mad

The last time someone bought something from me for dirt cheap and then decided to ask all these questions after they already won it. I was honest and up front about everything. After finding out that it was not what they wanted, they stiffed me. I told the buyer it was alright, but they should really question before bidding so they can KNOW what they are getting. I will not cause a problem about it because I KNOW that eBay will never have your backs when you need it the most. They'll charge you fees when you do sell something though, plus listing fees. As far as I'm concerned they are greedy **bleep**, and don't really care when we have problems like this. 

I know its a business, but you also have to make your customers happy. Which I feel the lack that whole area.

Sincerely...................Frustrated.Robot Sad

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Instead of ranting about it, do something to prevent it.

Do the research to find out what your item sells for ( ask on the ebay forums if you don't know how), then list the item as a Fixed Price item and check off the box that says "Immediate Payment Required".

Then the listing stays up until the item has been paid for in Paypal.

Poof!  No more non-payers.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.