Why DOES THE BUYER ALWAYS WIN IN A DISPUTE CASE!!

kellygirl
New Community Member

I cannot even believe how angry that I am right now. This is the second time in one month that PayPal has given the buyer my hard earned money when I have sent proof either through a FAX (because PayPal makes it impossible to send proof that the seller is in the right) or by actually sending tracking # etc. The first time the buyer outright lied & I sent PayPal all of the information & contact that Ebay had recorded that alone was a huge red flag that the buyer was lying. The second time I sent item next day to Canada from U.S. 1st class (a ring) the item was shown shipped from my post office & I had slip to prove it because the buyer did not insure it I was told that without insurance the package could not be tracked for christ sake I sent PayPal the f....... post office receipt as proof I mailed the item. Why do I have to eat the $75.00 plus I originally paid $100.00 for the item, how is it my fault....???? Do I need to insure every item so that I have proof  with tracking # so many people are too cheap to pay for insurance & may not bid on my items. Please someone out there help with a solution so that I do not get F..... again by PayPal. Thanks.

Login to Me Too
29 REPLIES 29

Morenina
Contributor
Contributor

I am going through a similar situation and will get back to you once the case is over.  I sympatize with your case because I also feel that if the buyer does not purchase insurance or delivery confirmation, why is it implied that we should go ahead and absorb that cost.  I feel that if they do not purchase insurance or delivery confirmation, they do not have the right to claim an item that might have been lost in the mail.  The receipt should suffice as proof that we mailed the item and if other items were sent on that same day during the same time, the other buyers should be contacted and asked if they received their item.  If all other buyers reply that they received it, it proves that you shipped the item for which the dispute began.

I will try to get back at you once my case is resolved.  The buyer(s) in question should not be allowed to leave feedback whether negative or positive since they failed to secure a way to track the item or be issued a refund by the post office.

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

@Morenina wrote:

I am going through a similar situation and will get back to you once the case is over.  I sympatize with your case because I also feel that if the buyer does not purchase insurance or delivery confirmation, why is it implied that we should go ahead and absorb that cost.  I feel that if they do not purchase insurance or delivery confirmation, they do not have the right to claim an item that might have been lost in the mail.  The receipt should suffice as proof that we mailed the item and if other items were sent on that same day during the same time, the other buyers should be contacted and asked if they received their item.  If all other buyers reply that they received it, it proves that you shipped the item for which the dispute began.

I will try to get back at you once my case is resolved.  The buyer(s) in question should not be allowed to leave feedback whether negative or positive since they failed to secure a way to track the item or be issued a refund by the post office.

I also feel that if the buyer does not purchase insurance or delivery confirmation, why is it implied that we should go ahead and absorb that cost.

Insurance and delivery confirmation protect the seller, not the buyer.  The buyer has Paypal - that's their insurance.

Build the cost of DC and insurance into the price of your item.

The buyer(s) in question should not be allowed to leave feedback whether negative or positive since they failed to secure a way to track the item or be issued a refund by the post office.

That is the most ridiculous statement I have ever heard.

YOU are required by Federal law to ensure that the parcel is deliered to your customer in the condition that was described in the listing.

ebay's rules allow buyers to leave feedback - you don't get a vote in that.

These are the rules that you operate under and they are NOT NEGOTIABLE.

Adapt or get out of the business.

Login to Me Too

struggle
Contributor
Contributor

this just happened to me as well. the guy totally scammed me and i know of two others so far that he has pulled the same trick on. i told paypal about the other sellers and the guy still got his money back!

Login to Me Too

Morenina
Contributor
Contributor

This is exactly what prevents sellers from offering items at lost cost, buyers have a choice of adding on insurance or delivery confirmation but always chose not to add it and then want to claim they never got.  Then ebay went on and eliminated the insurance option, making it even less probable to get money that way in order to add insurance or delivery confirmation.  They should have capped the amount and have it calculate that along with the shipping option so that its all a standard price and according to the method of shipping.

We are forced to raise the price of the item and buyers do not understand that Ebay needs to be paid a percentage of the final value if Buy it Now, then Paypal charges for you to receive the money as well, In the end, you lose money and the buyer thinks they are paying too much for the item when the seller is not making all that money to begin with.

Then when I tried to revise the item to say " I am not responsible for lost packages in the mail", ebay prohibits these kinds of phrases.  While I understand that its the same principle as a store saying "not resposible for items left unattended" because its like saying, I don't care and no effort will be made as to locating or asking anyone if they have seen it, it clearly sends out the message that it is your responsibility, not others to ensure that you protect your investment whether personal or business related.  If you are buying the product from ebay, not a retail store or a company per say, you need to insure your product just as you would a fridge, car or any other appliance so that you have some way of tracking your item and insuring that if something happens, you can get your money back from the post office or the seller if the seller is the one getting the insurance money.

Something needs to be done about this.  How can we add that money onto the item if a percentage of whatever the amount will go to Ebay and Paypal, there is no way of getting the money straight so that you can offer better prices.

Now I have chosen to use GrapeWorm but I am not too sure as to how it workds, it looks hassle free and you don't pay anything for listing the item or any agreement as to paying Facebook for having sold it.  Good luck!!

Login to Me Too

worldviewdirect
Contributor
Contributor

this is the old "cover their **bleep**" theory.

of course we know that the buyer is rarely really right. usually a bunch of winers.

Login to Me Too

Morenina
Contributor
Contributor

Go figure, the buyer won the dispute.  So he stayed with the book which is worth almost $200.00 and then on top of that gets a refund. how swift.

Paypal needs to do something about these buyers getting away with a free purchase claiming non-receipt while they know full well they have the item.  If they are not willing to purchase insurance or delivery confirmation, why is the seller to blame if the buyer did not secure a method to confirm delivery?

What a load of Krap!!!

Login to Me Too

Amanda411

Hi All,

I can understand your frustration however, a requirement of coverage by the PayPal Seller Protection Policy is proof of  shipment or proof of delivery.  Depending on the type of electronic postage you purchase, delivery confirmation can be free or cost 19 cents. (Check the USPS for rate information)

If you decide to sell your items without including the delivery confirmation/tracking fees in the purchase price and decide not to include the fee in your business costs then you do so knowing that without it you are not covered by PayPal.

To help you understand your protection and liability for each transaction I suggest reading more about the Seller Protection Policy in the PayPal User Agreement and in the PayPal Security Center.

http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/fraud-tips-sellers-outside

Amanda

Login to Me Too

dan77733
Contributor
Contributor

I have a claim against me from a buyer who claims that he never received the item he bid on and won. I have been using Priority Mail for years and nothng else and all of a sudden, I have a problem??? The buyer never even contacted me about not receiving the item and instead, just filed a dispute against me. I sent two messages through PayPal and he didnt respond to those either. This took place this past Friday February 5th, 2010. Then, I come online today and see that he's escalated the dispute to a claim which is such crap.

Granted, all I have the Post Office receipt but guess what??? The buyer doesnt have any proof that he didnt receive the item. It's basically his word against mine. What really **bleep** is that whenever its a powerseller, you're basically **bleep**ed.

And for those who have posted above, is the buyer "sflaoaknyc" ??? because if so, then we all know that he's a **bleep** thief and a liar.

dan77733

Login to Me Too

alexjapan

ya that same guy ripped me off sflaoknyc can we do anything I mean come on so unfair did the same fthing 

no communicatrion then all of a sudden disputes me and theres nuthin I can do!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.