Why Are eBay-Only Users Forced To Accept E-Checks????

Deneace
New Community Member

I have recently listed a few items on eBay to sell just before Christmas. I am not a quantity lister but I do put a lot of effort & time into my listings, thinking out the time it will sell plus the time that I give the buyer to pay. I listed 13 items and my last item ended in time for me to get paid just 3 days before Christmas arrived. I figured I could do some last minute shopping with that extra money. Then I click on the listing to see that the buyer has initiated payment via e-check. I am told this e-check should clear within  6-8 days. Because I did not want this to happen again to future payments, I go into my PayPal account to edit my receiving payment option only to find that I HAVE TO ACCEPT E-CHECKS FROM EBAY USERS. By having to accept this form of payment this totally overrides my payment specifications on eBay. (I accept PayPal, payment to be made within 5 days of auction end). Not every time, but frequently, buyers will not initiate this form of payment until 2-3 days after the auction ends. This could make payments received as late as 10-15 days. Kinda seems like we, as the seller, have no control over our money or payment specifications if we are forced to accept e-checks.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

RobynLoraine
New Community Member

If you accept Paypal, you basically are able to accept every form of payment Paypal offers, including e-checks. However, you can do one of two things to make this easier. 1) Add a stipulation in your "how to pay me" section saying that you accept e-checks, but only if the e-check is submitted right as the auction ends, not 2-3 days later. Otherwise, the order will be canceled and you'll re-list. Or 2) just state that you don't take e-checks and cancel any order that is made with one. You don't HAVE to take anyone's money if you don't want to, especially if they were warned of accepted and non-accepted forms of payment beforehand (like if someone sent you a money order, you'd send it right back, etc). 🙂 Hope this helps.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.