Where is the refund to my debit card? It's on my PayPal instead!!!

LovelyLilLady
Contributor
Contributor

I was refunded on the 28th of December because the item was found to be faulty by the shipper and they didn't ship the item and decided to refund me instead. There was a temporary hold on the funds for whatever reason and now the balance was credited to my PayPal account when it should have been credited to my debit card. It seems like the credit to my PayPal account is the last step and that my debit card will never be credited the $113 I am missing. I bought a replacement item, but I am down the $113 that SHOULD be in my account by now. Doesn't PayPal know that people need their money ASAP??? I can't wait any longer to receive my refund!!! Help please!!!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Amanda411

Hi LovelyLiLady,

When a payment is refunded, PayPal credits the refund based on how the original payment was made.
The refund is sent to your PayPal balance if the original payment was made with:

• Your PayPal balance.
  • A bank account.
  • A PayPal Plug-In Secure Card.
  • A debit card processed through the STAR Network.
  • A cash advance on a credit card.

Additional Information about your refund:

• Payments made by credit card are refunded to your card. Refunds can take up to 30 days to appear on your statement.
  • Payments made with your bank account will take 3-5 business days from the date of the payment to credit to your PayPal balance.
  • If your payment was made by credit card and another payment source, the card portion is refunded to your card, and the remainder is sent to your PayPal balance.
  • Refunds for payments using redemption codes or gift certificates are credited to those balances.

When a payment is refunded using the "Issue Refund" link, PayPal credits the refund based on the source of the original payment.

• For payments funded with a bank account, PayPal credits the refund to your PayPal balance. Please, bear in mind that the funds might not be available in your balance before 14 to 16 business days.
  • For payments sent using a credit card, PayPal credits the refund to the credit card.
  • For payments funded by a credit card and another source, PayPal refunds the credit card portion to the credit card and the remainder to your PayPal balance.

Note:

• Refunds are in the same currency as the original payment.
  • PayPal uses the same conversion rate as the original payment.
  • Because of credit card policies, refunds to credit cards can take up to 30 days to appear on your statement.
  • When Redemption Codes/Gift Certificates are used to fund a payment and the payment is refunded, the points are returned to the buyer's Redemption Code/Gift Certificate balance.

Amanda

Login to Me Too

LovelyLilLady
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks. I decided to go to withdraw and transfer the funds back to my bank account.

Login to Me Too

I'm glad this topic was brought up....I just had a customer return an item to me (I am a seller on Etsy) and ask for a refund.  She paid with her debit card and does not have a Paypal account.  I used the "Issue Refund" option and was notified two days ago that the refund is complete.  She emailed me this morning to tell me that she has not seen the refund posted to her bank account yet (debit card) nor did she receive any communications from Paypal with regard to the issuance or completion of the refund.  How can we find out where her refund is?  Thanks.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.