When will pending funds become available?

Betsy
Contributor
Contributor

I am a long time ebayer.  I set up an Ebay/PayPal account in my son's name so he could sell some college textbooks.  We have sold some and the money has come through in PayPal but it is labeled "pending".  The Help page says that sometimes PayPal will occasionally have funds held to ensure they are legit.  We are legit!  Does anyone know when the funds will be available for us to withdraw?  We have already added his bank account to withdraw the money.  It has been almost three days since the buyer paid for the item but the funds are not yet available.  thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Dano27
Contributor
Contributor

Follow these steps to remove “payment holds” from your account (please note if your item has not been delivered these sets will not work).

1)      Log-in to paypal and click ‘help’ (located at the top right corner of the site)

2)      Then click on ‘Contact Us’ (located at the bottom right corner of the site)

3)      Directly under the title ‘Email Us’ is a link labeled ‘Send us’, click this link.

4)      Fill this in with the appropriate info (don’t go into detail on your issue at this time, just vaguely create a sentence that sums up your problem)

5)      Afterwards you will receive an email that’s labeled something like this ‘Auto-Response Payment Status  (XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX) :ppk1’ from the a specific email address (i'm not allowed to post the exact address on these forums for some reason) .

6)      Reply to this address and give this information:

a)      Paypal transaction ID #

b)      Shipping provider (UPS, Fedex, USPS, etc.)

c)       Tracking # for the item

d)      And then describe in full detail the situation of your transaction.

7)      If you’ve met Paypal’s requirements for hold release, then they will lift the payment holds.

You may have to do this per transaction.

Hope this helps - Dan

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.