When does my pending balance get released?

nycowboy2208
New Community Member

I was just wondering when the rest of my pending balanced was going to get released. I sold 4 items on ebay, and received two of the four payments within a few days, but the others are being held. All of the packages have been shipped and are en route to their destination. When can I expect the money to get released?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

PayPal will release the payment after 21 days, or... they may release the payment after the buyer leaves positive feedback or 3 days after PayPal can confirm delivery of the item. PayPal will confirm delivery if you use USPS, UPS or FedEx to ship the item and use PayPal shipping labels, or if you upload tracking information to PayPal via the transaction details page.

Section 10.6 of PayPal's User Agreement and the following link have more information...

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/Marketing/securitycenter/sell/SaferPayments-outside

Login to Me Too

lion276
Contributor
Contributor

They will get released the moment they leave you feedback. I am currently in the same boat you are.  I had to beg the last 3 buyers to leave feedback to get my money.    I emailed them each 4 days in a row (after delivery confirmation showed they all have been delivered) begging them to leave feedback.....that paypal had mysteriously placed a hold on ALL of my incoming funds.  In fact, it is still a mystery to me why the hold was placed to begin with.  I have one hundred percent positive feedback and never have had an open dispute.....been selling for over 6 years in the same categories.   Anyway, it is competely humiliating to have to beg a buyer to leave feedback just so you can get your money.  As soon as they all left feedback....BOOM....the money was available.    So, if you have the good luck of prompt customers who leave feedback, you will be good to go.  Otherwise you have to beg or wait 3 weeks.   Either way it is a sickening and disgustingly frustrating situation.  Don't you just love it when you get punished for doing nothing wrong?    The biggest problem is that how long do you have prove that you are not ripping people off or trying to steal from them before paypal lifts the holds on ALL incoming funds?    It's just sad, especially when a seller has proven for YEARS that they are legitimate, honest, and reliable.....and then to get treated this way at paypal.   They should be ashamed of themselves.  The only thing I can think of as to why this sort of thing happens in a case like mine is that it serves PAYPAL in some way.  It certainly doesn't help me.  In fact, all it does is make me NOT want to sell.

Login to Me Too

goldenburg
Contributor
Contributor

Can I refund the money and cancel the deal?

I was going to use the funds to ship  the item.

I can't wait 21 days to ship the item.

I want to refund the money, cancel the sale, and never use ebay again for anything. I guess since I am going to do that I won't need to worry about negative feedback.

Holding 35 dollars for 21 days is a scam.

Login to Me Too

Amanda411

Hi goldenburg,

You can refund the transaction using the refund link in the transaction details however, if you print labels and pay for shipping through PayPal or eBay, the cost of shipping will be released from your pending balance shortly after purchase. Printing labels on eBay and PayPal is free. You're charged only the cost of shipping.

For information check here:

https://www.paypal.com/paymentholds

Amanda

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.