When can people send me money?

jjlee75
New Community Member

I have an item that I'd like to sell and have the customer pay me by PayPal. I just opened my account, however, and have not verified my bank information with PayPal yet. Can I still have them send me the money?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Amanda411

Hi jjlee75,

As soon as you receive a payment it is credited to your PayPal account balance. Before you can withdraw or use the funds, your sending limit must be more than the amount you are attempting to use.

Here's how you can view your Sending Limit:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click the "My Account" tab.
  3. On the Account Overview page, click the "View Limits" link.
  4. The remaining amount you can send is listed under the Sending Limit heading.
  5. To lift your limit, follow the instructions on the Sending Limit page.

Amanda

Login to Me Too

djtjc97
New Community Member

I'm new to all this selling on line stuff. I'm being inquired by a potential buyer whether or not they can pay me by paypal.  I guess my question is this: How do I get access to that money does it go to my account on file or does it stay on line via paypal for me to do future purchases with?  And is there a fee for me to do so? (have someone pay me via paypal on line).

Login to Me Too

skier
Advisor
Advisor

First, if you want to be a seller, then you need either a Premier or Business Account.  Personal Accounts are best if you want to be a buyer and/or simply want to send money to others.

Yes, you will be charged a transaction fee for a sale, this is how PayPal exists.

If you make a sale, the funds are first deposited in your PayPal Account minus the transaction fees.   What you do with the balance in your Account is up to you.  You can keep it there or withdraw it to a Bank Account or request a paper check.

Do your homework if you plan to be a seller, suggest reading both Merchant Setup and Administration Guide and Website Payments Pro Integration Guide which can be found here.   You can also learn more about creating the various item buttons here.   And you can find tutorials here.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.