What to do about a bad buyer?

thebonzer5
New Community Member

i sent the guy what he won. i tracked it through ups. he got it. i left him good feedback. he has not responded to me at all. not once. he won the item on christmas day.

i want to leave him negative feedback now, but i am new to ebay and paypal and don't know what to do. i want to sell something else on ebay and use the funds, but they are still being held by paypal. is this because the guy has not said if he got the item and hasn't posted positive feedback for me, or because i am new?

thanks,

thebonzer5

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

dec2057
Contributor
Contributor

Email your buyer and politely request them to leave you good feedback at their earliest convenience.  Explain that his funds are being held until he leaves feedback and you would sure appreciate his help in getting them release.  Tell him you appreciate his business and hope to see him back bidding on other items you will be putting up on Ebay soon.

Be professional, polite and suscinct, even if you are boiling inside - you catch more flies with honey.

Login to Me Too

walldo
New Community Member

No feedback from a buyer is better than getting a negative.  A seller cannot leave a buyer a negative feedback.  Ebay changed that a while back.  Best practice that I use as a seller is to only leave a buyer a feedback after he leaves you one.  Many buyers never leave feedback.   You can always send them a feedback reminder email thru your ebay sold items,  and maybe they will then leave you one.  Good luck.

Login to Me Too

davelindberg
New Community Member

I am having a similar problem.  The buyer has received the item as of January 4th and after repeated requests for them to leave feedback, being nice and PC about it, I still have received nothing and my funds are tied up in PayPal limbo instead of my bank account where they belong.  I provided an item in excellent condition and do not feel that I deserve this kind of treatment from a buyer no matter what.

Login to Me Too

zigosis
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Everyone, please report your bad buyer list to: Bad Buyer List  

I found the best way to prevent charge back is to avoid bad buyers. So I build the website. Any suggestion is welcome.

Thank you.

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Those bad buyers lists never work.

YOUR bad buyer might be my GOOD buyer.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.