What is the deal with reward vouchers

VouchForMe
Contributor
Contributor

It seems like they don't seem to work in many places.  I made the mistake of converting my points to donate to Haiti and the site didn't take them now I'm trying to buy something from newegg and it doesn't work there.  Is it just that PayPal is too confusing or do some sites not take them and others do?

I feel like PayPal is ripping me of with the reward vouchers.  The restrictions on them are ridiculous but then having them just not work on many sites is fraudulent.

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

DanLadd
New Community Member

I agree. The vouchers are a complete ripoff. I just tried to redeem a $100 voucher and tried six different sites.

NONE of them took these worthless, ripoff "vouchers"

This is nothing but a scam.

Login to Me Too

VouchForMe
Contributor
Contributor

Make sure you deal with it in 60 days.  I tried to get help from PayPal and ended up forgetting about it and lost $50.  I would also encourage you to file a complaint with the bbb.org  Oddly the complaint was reasigned to GE the company doing the credit cards but I told them that this is a PayPal problem not GE Money.

Login to Me Too

alloyking
New Community Member

Same problem here. I tired to use a $25 voucher and it DID NOT WORK on any site that I tried.

Seems like a scam.  When you attempt to check-out and pay... you are never given an option from paypal to utilize the coupon.

Login to Me Too

VouchForMe
Contributor
Contributor

File a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and make sure they know it is PayPal not GE Money that is the problem.  What PayPal is doing is deceptive and should be held accountable.

Login to Me Too

Amanda411

Hi All,

Here is some information regarding Reward Vouchers:

• If the amount of your Reward Voucher exceeds the amount of your purchase, the remaining balance will be forfeited.
  • Reward Vouchers expire 60 days from the issue date.
  • The $25.00 or $100.00 voucher can't be used towards any shipping fees.
  • Only the "Free Shipping" voucher can be used toward shipping fees.

For further information, call 866-419-4095 anytime.

Vouchers cannot be redeemed on eBay auctions requiring immediate payment but can be used with  merchants using PayPal "standard checkout" and "express checkout" unless the merchant uses the authorization feature or has disabled the option of a redemption code their site.

Amanda

Login to Me Too

VouchForMe
Contributor
Contributor

We know there are lots of ways of loosing the money.  That makes these vouchers a pretty bad deal but the big problem is where can you spend them. When I try to use them on sites they don't work give us a list of vendors that set up "Express Checkout" or "Standard Checkout" because I didn't find any.

Why doesn't paypal just credit money into our PayPal account instead of making this complicated system?  Does the money your customers loose really fund all the R&D for this voucher system?  Is it a good idea, good business?

I tested my companies integration with PayPal and these vouchers are not supported on your sandbox so the vendors can't even test vouchers before going live.

Login to Me Too

VouchForMe
Contributor
Contributor

Filing a complaint with the BBB didn't seem to help so I will problably go the attorney general next.  I found this interesting link that might explain it: http://www.aboutpaypal.org/bbb

I would still encourage people people to file the BBB complaint because it is easy to do just don't get mad when it is ignored after some dismissive comment like the one earlier in this thread or a link to their 'service' agreement where they tell you that they can do whatever they want to do.

Bottom line, don't use their credit card it is like the rebate scam they do whatever they can to prevent you from using it.

Login to Me Too

JamesHamrick
New Community Member

Yeah, six sites and none of them allowed me to use the vouchers, spent well over two hours doing this. So, does anybody have any ideas on where to spend? I am holding up the ERP (economic recover program)by not using my Paypal credit card for all those things I want to buy, but can't.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.