What happens if I purchase something but do not have enough money in my paypal account? (overdraw?)

roxxxiedawnyy
Contributor
Contributor

And if there is not enough money in my credit card. Will I go into a negative balance? Would I have a chance to pay Paypal back in a certain amount of days, will I lose my account? Will I be charged any extra fees?

I just want to purchase something that is a few dollars over what I have and I'm certain I'd be able to make up the money shortly after the purchase, I just want to be sure I can do this first.

Thankyou very much to anyone who answers my questions. (:

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

skier
Advisor
Advisor

My post was based on the assumption that you had linked a bank account as this is one method used to verify your Account.   Note, PayPal is not set up to be a lending type service however it is possible to have a negative balance, See this FAQ.

Regards,

skier

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

skier
Advisor
Advisor

Most likely PayPal will request the funds from your Bank Account.   If you do have the funds needed, hopefully you do have overdraft insurance, else your bank will still honor the request for funds and then simply charge you a fee for insufficient funds.  This is how banks make money and people get mad at PayPal.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

roxxxiedawnyy
Contributor
Contributor

Thankyou so much for replyring! But what if my bank account is not connected to my Paypal account? Either way I think I should just wait longer because it seems a bad idea to overdraw, I don't want to risk my Paypal account. Unless its ok to overdraw?

Login to Me Too
Solved

skier
Advisor
Advisor

My post was based on the assumption that you had linked a bank account as this is one method used to verify your Account.   Note, PayPal is not set up to be a lending type service however it is possible to have a negative balance, See this FAQ.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

roxxxiedawnyy
Contributor
Contributor

Alright, thankyou again soo much, you answered quickly and where very professional and helpful (:

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.