What happened to seller protection!

Sweetpea
New Community Member

Where is seller protection! When you describe a item accurately and you have sold the same item before with no problems. And you have a no return policy plainly stated at the beginning of your listing. You do everything Paypal ask you to do. They still give the money back to the seller. Why. I'm so discouraged and ready to quit selling on Ebay and messing with Paypal.

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

abidnbuyer
Contributor
Contributor
AMEN!!! I've been with Ebay and PayPal since day one and have been ripped off more than once. The latest is more of the same. A buyer files a non receipt claim and PayPal sides with him before giving the Post Office time to provide tracking info. I now have proof of delivery but the case has been closed and money sucked from my account. I can't jump through the Internet and force the buyer to return the item?! To make it worse, the Resolution Page has no links for sellers. Ebay has turned into Big Brother.
Login to Me Too

russellrl
Contributor
Contributor

i am replying to you because of your 300 posts and i thought you might be have a thought on my situation. i have a 100 ebay rating with over 500 transactions. i sold a item to someone with a 100 rating and 12 transactions. buyer recieved the mailing but said it had been opened and contents removed. both buyer and myself filed a paypal dispute and both of us started postal investigations. paypal reversed the funds to the buyer, in the dispute several emails are listed to both buyer and myself but i recieved none of them so i dont know what the basis for the funds reversal was. this is my first bad experience. i have emailed paypal several times trying to get some communication on why and how they arrived at their decision but have never got a reply.  any thoughts?  tks russ 

Login to Me Too

tntrucker
New Community Member

I agree that Paypal is more interested in protecting the buyer.If it wasn't for us sellers there would be no Ebay or Paypal.If they dont do something to fix it more sellers probably will be leaving.I have a dispute just filed on us for seling an item and said it was perfect (which 3 ppl inspected it and it was) and said that there was all kinda probs with it.We use UPS for all our shipping needs cause dealing with the post office just **bleep** and we dont trust our govt and all the extras they charge for.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.